• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Northeast post winter storm conditions

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Anyone get out there yet? I realize it's negative with the wind chill, but shoot if I was closer I'd take a look myself :laughing: mainly looking for current conditions in MA, RI, and CT. Hoping to hear some bedrock stories :D do you think sand was piled in or swept out? Hoping to get to the ocean early next week, when the temps go up :yes: Thanks for any information!

Dress warm... I have to plow it... but I will not play in it... although while plowing I found some 18k in a puddle... maybe I will post it later on after I finish making my invoices. :D

I figure

You would, i here of car's up to the windows buried in mud serge up their , snowed in here till at least Tuesday, They are saying stay home , and let the plows clean up the roads. I wish i had a plow now Craig, just for the end of my driveway, but as froze up as the 4 foot wall is cause of the temps, even that might not be good till it thaws out next week.

https://weather.com/storms/winter/n...-grayson-northeast-bombogenesis-snow-forecast
I know very little about beach hunting, but in my head when I hear of major storms like this, it translates to erosion.. Which might not always be right, I guess it has alot to to with wind direction, speed and other variables. Thanks fellas, will be keeping an eye out for new posts... Just dont want to drive 1-1 1/2 hours to find sanded it conditions, would like to find some nice cuts and troughs if they are there...

I have not heard a peep out of the northeast after this storm :laughing: you can't tell me the only gold found during the storm was Craigs parking lot gold :lol: :?:

Planning on hitting it this Friday

I plan on going to the shoreline on Friday.. It will rain but will also be warm. Near 60.

I have not heard a peep out of the northeast after this storm :laughing: you can't tell me the only gold found during the storm was Craigs parking lot gold :lol: :?:

Brncofan hit a couple of beaches down my way 2 days ago and found sanded in conditions... I had a few things for him so met him there but stayed in my warm car ;)

Hey Jeff,

It's all about the wind and which direction the beach faces. Big storms can cause erosion or bring it in.

The storm before this one dumped over a foot of sand on my favorite beaches. Before the most recent storm most everything in RI was like concrete. My favorite spots were frozen from the dry sand to as much as 80+ feet into the water, so it all depends.

I'll be checking out the beaches this weekend. The offer to beach hunt is still open....

Check PM.

Headed out this weekend if you'd like to join.

Back
Top Bottom