Best weekend of detecting EVER! 1861 Double Eagle and lots of BIG silver!

Haven't been on here in awhile until tonight. I remember when you posted this thread. I had only been on here a month or so at the time. Still my favorite story and find I've read on here. I need to get out though. Been a couple years!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Haven't been on here in awhile until tonight. I remember when you posted this thread. I had only been on here a month or so at the time. Still my favorite story and find I've read on here. I need to get out though. Been a couple years!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks man! :cheers:

Awesome finds, man! Congratulations!

As sweet as the finds would be, the best part for me would be to show my wife the gold and watch her try to remain resolute in her belief that ours is a silly hobby.

This thread needs to be brought back up at least once a year!! :D
:cheers:

Awesome finds, man! Congratulations!

As sweet as the finds would be, the best part for me would be to show my wife the gold and watch her try to remain resolute in her belief that ours is a silly hobby.

Thanks! Yeah showing the wife was great. The timing was awesome too since she had just made the "silly hobby" comment shortly before I found it. She hasn't repeated it since. :lol:

I look at this post often when I need some motivation to go out detecting. I had just joined the site when you posted this thread and it was one of the first I read. Absolutely awesome finds and a site that everyone of us hopes to come across one day, thanks for all the motivation!!

I look at this post often when I need some motivation to go out detecting. I had just joined the site when you posted this thread and it was one of the first I read. Absolutely awesome finds and a site that everyone of us hopes to come across one day, thanks for all the motivation!!

Thanks for the comment Coleminer. Much appreciated. :cheers:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rattle.

in the years searching this area did you ever find out any history on the area?

Rattle.

in the years searching this area did you ever find out any history on the area?

I didn't find anything really helpful. Nothing shown built in the area. This leads me to believe it was a depression era cache buried in a remote spot. But, I am finding lots of iron junk and square nails in the area so there had to be some kind of structure at some point. Maybe just a shed or something.

I didn't find anything really helpful. Nothing shown built in the area. This leads me to believe it was a depression era cache buried in a remote spot. But, I am finding lots of iron junk and square nails in the area so there had to be some kind of structure at some point. Maybe just a shed or something.

I havent read all 17 pages so what was the total number of silver/gold coins pulled out

Was watching youtube saw one of your videos and damn.....im in NE Ga. Wish I could find even one of those silvers much less a gold haha. Awesome digs man!

Back
Top Bottom