Cape Canaveral burnt metal found...

Gibhunt

We went to Playalinda beach yesterday to try and watch the Falcon 9 launch when my girlfriend found what she thought was a license plate (roughly the same size). When we looked closer we realised it was smooth polished metal, maybe aluminum, with smoothed down rivets and looking like it had been melted. It also has several barnacles on the back. Any thoughts? Could this be from a failed launch?
b5e790038e0a4eefed63e390f01b6247.jpg
e2b3dd3c87af16a635a65cf0e1df941e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I clearly remember the Challenger disaster.... I would have been about 13 then..... Horrendous.

I remember driving out there and seeing the shuttle sitting way off in the distance on a pad. One time it was real close. Loved the beach, didn't like the storm that roll in from the west. I'll bet that's something other than aluminum. Sure looks like it went through something bad.

Looks like the hole alignment, it was bolted or screwed on to something.

Like a panel.
Give it to the NASA folks.
They may certify it and return it to you, you never know.

Looks like the hole alignment, it was bolted or screwed on to something.

Like a panel.
Give it to the NASA folks.
They may certify it and return it to you, you never know.
Do you think they would possibly want to keep it? Even if it's junk we like the memory from finding it and the mystery behind it. Would be bummed to have it taken away.

Do you think they would possibly want to keep it? Even if it's junk we like the memory from finding it and the mystery behind it. Would be bummed to have it taken away.

There is always that chance.
But what if they certify it as part of a space shuttle, even the challenger.
And return back to you.
Then you have definitely have a certified piece of history.

All (you) we can do now.is speculate what it came from.

Your choice.

There is always that chance.
But what if they certify it as part of a space shuttle, even the challenger.
And return back to you.
Then you have definitely have a certified piece of history.

All (you) we can do now.is speculate what it came from.

Your choice.
True story, thanks. Definitely something to think about :-)

I think if I found that, in that area, I would immediately think shuttle disaster debris. But then again, it wasn't the only vehicle to explode there, so...

Although it would be cool to find something from a shuttle it is most likely just a part of a boat or possibly a vehicle. It is defiantly aluminum. Salt water can do a number on aluminum especially when it is burred in wet sand. So what could appear to be burnt is most likely heavy oxidation. but thats just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom