Should I ditch the etrac at the beach?

nwohio

Forum Supporter
Been a while since I last posted, but retired and living in Myrtle Beach. I do so miss the dirt.
Really not feeling the love with the etrac and the beach. Dry is no issues, but wet?? Really ticking me off the past 2 years. I just can't find settings I can live with.
Seems to get it to quiet down I give up way too much sensitivity and pin pointing is next to impossible in the wet no matter the setting..

So, short of getting a beach hunter type, (which I use to have but I broke it) is their a better machine that isn't basically downgrading or duplicating the etrac's performance?

Is their that much of a difference between a nox and the etrac at the beach (water proofing aside)?

Of course if someone has some settings they want to share that would be good too. Thanks

I've heard the Equinox is a pretty good beach detector. I've never really heard the E-Trac on the beach. My guess is the E-Trac isn't all that great at the beach. Just going by what I've read. I've never had the pleasure to hunt a beach yet.

I do have an E-Trac and by far the best and deepest dirt detector, in hard packed ground, for cherry picking I've owened.

I use an Etrac out here on the west coast. Does just fine in both the wet and dry.

The e trac should be able to handle salt just fine. Is it optimal definitely not. Could be an expensive dunk in the water. I have a CTX for land and an equinox 600 for the water which has found enough gold to pay for itself even though I only go to the beach once or twice a year. The beach your on is prime territory and you should have no trouble finding great stuff.

Get a decent scoop and a machine you can get wet. Just my 2c

Back
Top Bottom