Tennessee world record buck

Bespride

deer_1484010522934_7646254_ver1.0.jpg

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/deer-killed-in-tennessee-to-be-certified-a-world-record/384623266

That rack is something else!

Anyone here live in Sumner County?

About 35 miles away,,,used to live a lot closer.

Also,,another state record deer take in Sumner county.

Here is better pic of the deer you posted.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/spo...deer-killed-sumner-county-tennessee/93492744/

Here is a pic,,towards the bottom,,this the record tn state nontypical,,,until the one above was harvested.
Was harvested in same county,,by David Watchel in 2000,,,,are the 2 Deere related???
http://www.awesomeantlers.com/whitetail-photos/p845-wachtel-buck.html

Possibly

All I can say is,,if I saw that thing walking around hunting,,,better have a big supply of toilet paper.lol

Funny thing,,,remember this last big power ball winning ticket,,,it was sold up the road from me,,,a lot of the winners from Sumner county. There were 20 winners total.

Last edited:
I also heard Bass Pro shop has made a tremdeous offer of $150,000 for the mount to be hung in one of their stores.

There has been rumors of other huge offers just to make copies of the rack. I'm a little over a 100 miles west from there.. too bad he had bred any does on my land..

Just imagine,,,if animal would have been safely traquaiized,,,,then he could have been studied,,and maybe bred to see if his nontypical rack is more hereditary.

My thoughts,,,being only 3.5 years old,,,that deer was eating out of at least one person's feeder on a regular basis to get those horns,,,based on where it apparently lived.

But maybe he is just one exception to a jolly green giant rack deer-- with unusual genes.

Oh Man! Love those Non-typicals! Especially one like that that actually has a beautiful bit of symmetry to it...Wow...Yeah..that kid should get some decent money for that!
Mud

Just imagine,,,if animal would have been safely traquaiized,,,,then he could have been studied,,and maybe bred to see if his nontypical rack is more hereditary.

My thoughts,,,being only 3.5 years old,,,that deer was eating out of at least one person's feeder on a regular basis to get those horns,,,based on where it apparently lived.

But maybe he is just one exception to a jolly green giant rack deer-- with unusual genes.

interesting ideas ! (and he probably could have gotten more for it alive)

I eat venison and raise, grow and harvest much of my own food, as I find that store-bought food tastes odd. I'm not a trophy hunter but there's no way I'd have passed on that rack!

Really? The last place on earth he deserved to be is in a cage or pen being studied. All they need is his dna or semen anyway.

Oh look a world record buck. Such a mystical creature ..I better hurry and kill it!:no:

Just because his antlers were big doesn't mean he can't be harvested they are just a bonus. I guaranty he had a much better life then any of the meat found at your supermarket or butcher. Atleast he was free and able to do as he wished not raised in fences and sent in a semi to a slaughter house. It's not always about the "killing" for us hunters. It's about harvesting our own food that was free range and natural and lived a good life. We want to do it cleanly and efficiently even more so then the slaughter houses. The "trophy" part of it is just a bonus for the majority of the hunters out there.

Awesome buck! I'd have probably fainted if that had walked out in front of my stand.

Really? The last place on earth he deserved to be is in a cage or pen being studied. All they need is his dna or semen anyway.

Never said put him in a cage,,,and was probably worth more alive than dead-- my point.

Tremendous animal,,and unusual.

My bad bud, I see your point and agree he probably was worth more alive then dead. Still there is no worthy way for him to be kept alive that would have been fair for him. Sorry if I came off sounding ignorant in my original reply.

Back
Top Bottom