Help ID resources

Vlad

Owner/Administrator
Admin
Last edited by a moderator:
Jewelers Makers Mark master list. Site covers Jewelry, other silver, gold, trinkets, plates and other silver and gold "ware" and other things.

(removed broken link)

Last edited by a moderator:
unknow find

I have a piece that have no clue what it is about the size of a penny it is brass has 2sets of letters on it the first one is Dee the next one is cee it looks like it was a rap over a old button

for those that find glass telephone poll insulators.

More uses for Google Earth! Coin comparison!

Di you have Google Earth? Well you can use it as one of the best comparison tools available. Using it as intended to overlay old maps onto new satellite imagery has been a tool used by me to locate hundreds of detecting sites in the past. well It can also be used to compare photos of buttons, coins, people anything you can get photos of that you want to make a comparison too. Below is a worn smooth coin I Identified using Google Earth. The first photo is the coin as I found it. The Second is using a small amount of detail of the coin I think I have found. The results , pictures taken using this method are conclusive I have found a caped bust half dime although details don't give me the date of my coin. I know that this coin was only produced for 8 years and this coin is 180 to 188 years old! http://metaldetectingforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=390310&stc=1&d=1500237318

Attachments

• Origional 3.jpg
    Origional 3.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 2,992
Di you have Google Earth? Well you can use it as one of the best comparison tools available. Using it as intended to overlay old maps onto new satellite imagery has been a tool used by me to locate hundreds of detecting sites in the past. well It can also be used to compare photos of buttons, coins, people anything you can get photos of that you want to make a comparison too. Below is a worn smooth coin I Identified using Google Earth. The first photo is the coin as I found it. The Second is using a small amount of detail of the coin I think I have found. The results , pictures taken using this method are conclusive I have found a caped bust half dime although details don't give me the date of my coin. I know that this coin was only produced for 8 years and this coin is 180 to 188 years old! http://metaldetectingforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=390310&stc=1&d=1500237318

Interesting though don't understand much....

Shotshell Headstamp ID - aussiemetaldetecting.com

Recently I got in touch with Doug 'Turtlefoot' and he passed on some of his shotshell headstamp work to me. It is not complete but what he gave me I have displayed at the above website. I am working on collecting more headstamps to display.

Back
Top Bottom