First Gold Coin

2 years ago I helped a guy get into metal detecting. Got him an Ace 250 and a pinpointer, taught him the basics and sent him out. 2 weeks later during his SECOND HUNT he sends me pictures of THIS!!!! An 1876 $20 Double Eagle.

I hate him.

By the way, congrats on a great find. I don’t hate you. Lol.

Attachments

• 6F8AFFA3-58CF-4639-AC5D-B1A4C9C0CC18.jpg
    6F8AFFA3-58CF-4639-AC5D-B1A4C9C0CC18.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 686
Amazing find, big congrats on that tiny gold! I don’t think I have ever seen a gold dollar dug and posted online before!

Amazing find!! I always dream of finding that exact coin! Way to go finding it!!

I'm still looking for 18XX anything! A wheat penny makes me happy. Could not imagine...
What a fabulous recovery! Congrats!

Wow....congratulations....beautiful coin....I'm still lookin' for my first gold coin...gl and hh!

Gold

How cool is that? Probably a gold coin is at the top of every detectors list. One dollar or twenty dollars, I could not care less, I just want one. I too am interested in what the numbers were and how deep? And wondering if I ever passed over one cause I didn't like the numbers? I suppose you might have passed over it once or twice if you hunted that park thirty times? Major congrates to you.
HH everyone

That is stunning. Such great condition. Congrats on a major bucket lister [emoji106][emoji2956]

Love the coin but how it was found really is a eye opener. You just never know when or where..

Back
Top Bottom