Seattle, Wa question

steve in so la

Forum Supporter
Anyone here in the Seattle area ? My wife & I are planning a railroad trip to there from Tucson the middle of Sept. Question is - which hotel is better to stay in as far as the neighborhood goes :

Crown Plaza - 1113 6 th ave

Warwick - 401 Lenora St

Quality Inn - 225 Aurora Ave North

Thanks for any help, Steve in so az

Steve,
I live in Seattle...and of your choices, I would pick either of the first two. I have stayed at the Warwick (20 years ago), and some of our business visitors stay there... Stay away from Aurora ave. - What are your planned activities while you are here? If they are in the city, either hotel will suffice. There are others.. let me know if you need more help. RickO

Rick - Thanks for the info - I will probably have more questions as I go along. Steve

Have fun on your trip over to my neck of the woods. I'm just a ferry ride away from Seattle. Make sure to bring your detector, I've been told a few spots in Seattle that would be good to hunt. Just hope that Rick didn't beat you to them. :D

Jakk - We are taking Amtrak up there, a couple nights layover and then back down to home on Amtrak, so I wont be detecting - just touristy things. Coming from the land of no water we will definitely have to take the harbor tour. Steve

Steve, the harbor tour and Lake Union tour are good...however, if you would REALLY like to see the great Pacific Northwest, fly out on a float plane trip from Lake Union..very close to your hotels... It is awesome.. and takes you up through the San Juans and the mountains... you will never regret it. RickO

I agree w/ rick re hotels. either of the 1st 2 would be great. stay away from aurora.

there is a nice little hotel right across from the science center (space needle area) called the mediteranian. quaint neighborhood - reasonable rates.

i'll pm you with my phone number - don't hesitate to call if you have any questions.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom