• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

As far as metal detectors go who is the Cadillac of them all

I hate to pull rank on everyone with my Detector knowledge, but this one scores huge treasures and when you learn the tones correctly you can tell the denomination of the gold coins and an experienced detectoist with these can tell the number of gold coins in the Treasure chest, incase you are cherry picking out your way back to the truck, and don't want to dig any caches less than 15 gold coins.

Attachments

• IMG_0827.jpg
    IMG_0827.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 604
Strange as it may sound OP,,,currently not a one detector does all the best.

I can even say,,,if there was one that existed,,,you would need multiple coils (different sizes).

Soil mineral levels-- one big variable out there.

High and lower conductors

Separation

Depth

Horses for courses.

Now some horses can ride on more than one course-- but not all.

Also,,should point out,,,some new manufacturers now making detectors abroad,,,some a better than others,,,,,White's, Tersoro,, Fisher,,Technetics,,Garret,,,,don't have it as easy as they used to did.

Read up,,,some good info out there.

Better watch reading on brand specific forums though,,,,,you could be b-shitted if you are not careful.

Cheers.

So, someone rolled a grenade into the forum and ran? Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Strange as it may sound OP,,,currently not a one detector does all the best.

I can even say,,,if there was one that existed,,,you would need multiple coils (different sizes).

Soil mineral levels-- one big variable out there.

High and lower conductors

Separation

Depth

Horses for courses.

Now some horses can ride on more than one course-- but not all.

Also,,should point out,,,some new manufacturers now making detectors abroad,,,some a better than others,,,,,White's, Tersoro,, Fisher,,Technetics,,Garret,,,,don't have it as easy as they used to did.

Read up,,,some good info out there.

Better watch reading on brand specific forums though,,,,,you could be b-shitted if you are not careful.

Cheers.

Psst, don't listen to him.... He owns like 17 detectors and still can't make up his mind. :laughing:

No actually he's telling the truth, and a huge knowledgeable member here on the forum. There are so many variables that there is not one detector that does everything everyone wants. If you know what you want to target (coins, jewelry) and where (location) then there are detectors which are better suited for what and where you want to hunt. But not one that is best at all sad to say...just like Cadillacs aren't even that great anymore.

Well since the comparison is " cadillac "..... usually considered a high end luxury with really nice but not necessary features ,..... Minelab top end units fit the description. I am not much of a minelab fan but to give credit where credit is due , they tend to be the industry benchmark to which the others are compared. None of them can do it all necessarily but they come as close as any of the others , they look good , and have some really cool and useful features. There was a time many years ago when Whites was the " cadillac " but they seem to have dragged their feet and fallen behind with modernization and advances....still good according to some but they arent the leader anymore.

But as others have suggested , a better alternative is to have multiple machines to handle multiple various tasks. And when you consider the price of a top end minelab or whites , you could literally buy atleast two or three other detectors for that. But there is enough choice out there to keep anyone happy.

I hate to pull rank on everyone with my Detector knowledge, but this one scores huge treasures and when you learn the tones correctly you can tell the denomination of the gold coins and an experienced detectoist with these can tell the number of gold coins in the Treasure chest, incase you are cherry picking out your way back to the truck, and don't want to dig any caches less than 15 gold coins.

Thats the detector for illegal hunting!:shock::detector:
On beaches that is.:shock:

[QUOTE did you really just open that can of worms? this should be very interesting.
][/QUOTE]

:laughing:That is exactly what I was thinking when I opened this post up.

This subject made for funny reading:heartylaugh::dash2:

Well, I hope someone decides because I think I saw Publisher's Clearing House in my neighborhood. And I'm going for a couple of lotto tickets this weekend.:shock:

CTX 3030. Just sayin. lol

The 3030 IS the Cadillac of detectors, no doubt. :yes:

The 3030 gives you a colored ID screen with color coded target IDs, as well as using FBS 2 technology , and the 3030 also allows you to see multiple targets at the same time, and their location in relation to each other...

It may actually be the Rolls Royce of detectors... some other machine can gave the cadillac moniker!

Think Nector nailed it.

Depends on the hunt, ground conditions, and your experience. How many guys buy a new detector and sell it as it did not perform? I could take just about any detector and have fun. But I like the new multi frequency machines. I just can not justify the prices for them. But they do find certain targets like old silver faster. Just know there is some days I like to just take out the AT Pro and have a fun simple hunt. My F75 will do just about anything all the other detectors do. The T2 will also keep up. It really comes down to being comfortable with the machine you have. You can bet in the next few months there will be every make and brand for sale if your inclined to buy used. But the detector should match the hunt, and that is a long conversation.

I can EASILY prove the CTX3030 is NOT the Cadillac of all detectors.

If anyone wants to TRY to prove me wrong. Just let me borrow theirs for 15 minutes.

There is absolutely NO SUCH detector in existence.

There are different detectors for different situations.

A Minelab GPX5000 can out hunt a CTX3030 in gold fields

A Fisher Pulse 8X can out hunt a CTX3030, a Fisher CZ-21 and an Excal in certain shallow waters.

Either one of the latter two can hunt in water the CTX3030 can't go and can be better choices than the Fisher Pulse 8X

Nobody has the best machine, no seasoned detectorists is much better than anther one. Research and luck play a lot in finding treasure.

As was stated earlier. There is NO one detector for different conditions, soils and environments PERIOD.

Last edited:
You get what you pay for with detectors. I've owned my V3i six years and I find it to be pretty awesome of a machine. I know it's sounds a bit pricey but you can set it up for just about any ground conditions. The whole machine is customizable. It takes time to learn it though. The learning curve is very big but the benefits are to me worth it.

Most any Tesoro will beat the snot out of a 3030 in a tot lot show down or seeded hunt. :yes: Looking for deep silver coins might have another outcome.

beephead

I guess you need to define "Cadillac".

In my mind that would be the CTX 3030, but then you ask "what is the best detector money can buy". Problem. I don't think the Cadillac is the best car money can buy so I'm going to have different answers to the two questions. Now I do realize people have become accustom to the use of the term Cadillac as meaning best that money can buy.

First off the best detector money can buy is subject to opinion. That opinion being based on a lot of factors such as conditions, type of hunting etc.

I think we all know what you're asking bottom line, but the answer you will get to that question will vary from user to user.

Back
Top Bottom