Equinox ‘Order of Operations’?

I’ve never needed to ground balance mine, I just leave it at 0 like minelab reccomended. But my soil isn’t very mineralized

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soil here must be pretty clean, too. No chatter at all on the default settings. Thanks!

That's not very friendly goodmore. No one including me said you have to hunt any particular way or there is something wrong with you detecting using default 0. If you don't need to ground balance, by all means don't. I wish I got to hunt on ground like that. For the folks like me that do need to manually ground balance, for whatever you consider a "BS" reason, it is great to have the option (why did Minelab go to the trouble to include different ways to ground balance on the Equinox?????).

Jeff

Excellent point, sir.

If i didn't GB in my soil i wouldn't dig half the good stuff i do.
If the ground is mineralized and you want to know if the deep target is ferrous or non ferrous, you need to GB.

If i didn't GB in my soil i wouldn't dig half the good stuff i do.
If the ground is mineralized and you want to know if the deep target is ferrous or non ferrous, you need to GB.

I bet you aren't able to run Multi mode then. I tested GB a lot in my home garden and I honestly never found any noticeable improvement after a GB, running multi-mode.

I bet you aren't able to run Multi mode then. I tested GB a lot in my home garden and I honestly never found any noticeable improvement after a GB, running multi-mode.

Interesting. This machine will take a long time to learn. Not a bad thing - just so many good options and features to tailor everything to specific conditions and situations!

I just know when I GB I can get anywhere form 40's to 60's in most places running Park2. Those numbers are a long way from zero. Just the other day I started detecting a spot and forgot to GB. About 30 minutes in I thought !!!! I didn't GB. Now I was finding shallow coins fine, but after a GB the machine seemed much smoother overall. I think it makes a difference the farther your ground balances from the factory preset of 0. I'm satisfied with GBing mine every time I turn off and back on. Or when changing to a different program. Yes sometimes depending on the spot it's hard to find a nice trash free spot.

Back
Top Bottom