WOOHOO!!! Passed my test

pryan67

Forum Supporter
I had my test on Wednesday for my second degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do...

I wasn't sure that I'd be ready to test...I only decided to actually test at 6 PM that night (test was at 7 PM)...but I did it, and passed....so I'm officially a Second Degree Black Belt...

Congratulations... very neat! :woot:

I am excited for a similar reason - today I passed my Firearms Safety course! I, too, was apprehensive (even though I'd studied long and hard). I know that God answered my prayers & helped me, and I'm so glad to have successfully completed the course. :D

Congratulations... very neat! :woot:

I am excited for a similar reason - today I passed my Firearms Safety course! I, too, was apprehensive (even though I'd studied long and hard). I know that God answered my prayers & helped me, and I'm so glad to have successfully completed the course. :D

Awesome...congratulations to you.

I wasn't sure if I should test or not...but I figured what the heck...worst case I fail and test again in a few months....

Congratulations, that must be quite an accomplishment. I could only imagine the hours of work and dedication.

Huge Congratulations Pryan and Princess! Great and important achievements both!!

Reminds me: Several years ago, the State of Alabama made it mandatory to get a 'Boat Operators License"...You had to go in pay a fee, and take a written multiple choice test....

Now, I've been in and around boats my entire Life, build them even, so I figured it was a piece of cake! My Daughter, who also has been around boats of all sorts, did it right the first time...She went and got the study sheet and then passed the test and got her cert...

She says, "Daddy, its not as easy as you think it is, you better give this study sheet a look before you go take it!"

I said pridefully, "Pshaw!" "I was born on a boat!"....Then I went and failed it miserably and had to go take it again! :laughing: Funny how I couldnt operate my boat legally! I could still tow it to the ramp and launch it, but she had to be at the helm! She had to take ME fishing for a month! :laughing:

In my paltry defense, I over thought the questions and answered from a common sense based history ...

Example: "If you have a 10yr old kid on your boat, they are required to wear a Lifejacket"

A. All the time
B. Only when you think its appropriate
C. All the time on boats over 50hp
D. None of the above...

So yeah I went with 'B'...Of course! My thinking was: It all depends on the kid and conditions! Some 10yr old kids can really swim, I know some that can freedive to 100' and some that would drown themselves in the bathtub....

Why penalize the good swimmers by making them wear a lifejacket All the Time?? And reward the booboos by not letting them drown? And whats this about the age discrimination anyway? I know some 8yr olds that can outswim a 40yr old! Hell, I know some 8yr olds that can drive a tractor, shoot a deer, skin a rat, roof a house...and I've seen some 60yr olds that cant operate a Hoveround at Sams Club! So yeah...bottom line, I bombed it badly...:laughing:

Attachments

• Evas Salmon 09.jpg
    Evas Salmon 09.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
I had my test on Wednesday for my second degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do...

I wasn't sure that I'd be ready to test...I only decided to actually test at 6 PM that night (test was at 7 PM)...but I did it, and passed....so I'm officially a Second Degree Black Belt...

Congrats!!!!!! I've been a 3rd degree for many years (haven't worked out in about 14 years). It takes a lot of determination and hard work to get there. I consider it one of my major achievements in life. I'm sure you've worked very hard and deserve the honor and respect that go with it.

Congratulations!

My younger brother was an instructor, Taekwondo, until he hit a 8 wheel farm tractor doing 70 mph in his Ford ranger. The farmer pulled in front of him Turing off the highway and never saw my brother. My brother lost his left leg, left eye and the use of his left arm.

The EMS said the only reason he survived was because he was in such good shape. it took rescue 2 hours to cut him out all while he had his intestines in his lap.

Back
Top Bottom