Etrac 11" stock coil settings.

Trix

When I bought my Etrac from Big Boy Hobbies, I received an X-5 coil as part of the bundle. My yard, and all the local parks, have a great deal of trash signals so I went with the smaller coil. I have increased my coil sizes but have one lingering problem. The stock 11" coil never got used and the last time I used it, the machine just went nuts with random beeps and chirps. This happened even with the coil held above the ground.
Could an Etrac owner please list the stable settings used with your 11"coil so I can try them out in order to determine if its my machine or the coil?
It wouldnt kill me to not use it but many feel its better than a lot of other larger coils.
Thanks in advance.

When I bought my Etrac from Big Boy Hobbies, I received an X-5 coil as part of the bundle. My yard, and all the local parks, have a great deal of trash signals so I went with the smaller coil. I have increased my coil sizes but have one lingering problem. The stock 11" coil never got used and the last time I used it, the machine just went nuts with random beeps and chirps. This happened even with the coil held above the ground.
Could an Etrac owner please list the stable settings used with your 11"coil so I can try them out in order to determine if its my machine or the coil?
It wouldnt kill me to not use it but many feel its better than a lot of other larger coils.
Thanks in advance.

Did you do noise cancel after installing coil???

Sweep around in auto plus 3,,, should be quiet.

Then put to manual 25 sensitivity.

Hold detector coil up in air after noise cancel.

Bigger coil= bigger antenna for EMI.

Not many places my 2 etracs when I had them wouldn't behave.

The EMI may be it. I have tried almost all different settings and get the same result. However, it has been a couple of years since I have dickered with it until today. Made me think about that new ATT trunk line down the alley. Not to mention the expansion of wi-fi. I am going to load up and get to a barren pasture with no trash to see if that may be my problem.

The EMI may be it. I have tried almost all different settings and get the same result. However, it has been a couple of years since I have dickered with it until today. Made me think about that new ATT trunk line down the alley. Not to mention the expansion of wi-fi. I am going to load up and get to a barren pasture with no trash to see if that may be my problem.

Good idea,,,take it somewhere more remote.

Back
Top Bottom