Anyone from Michigan?

It looks like there is a few of us in Macomb/Oakland County. It would be nice to organize a meet and greet/hunt at a local park. River Bends sounds like a cool place. My wife & I are itching to get out & detect for the first time other than in our yard. After reading some of the local rules & restrictions in our area, I'm not sure where to go. If anyone is interested let me know.

I would like to get a group hunt set up for a saturday or a sunday and get out and have some fun

Hey,
I used to live in Oakland county but now I reside in Bama.
Thought you might want to check out a guy I found on youtube with lots of videos that seems to live and hunt in your area and Kensington Metro park, also.
His name is crunch7077, or something like that.

HH
Digger27

Farmington Hills, MI

I live in Farmington Hills, MI but still do not have a detector as of this posting.

I have been doing some major research and am leaning towards a Garrett Ace 250 (seems to be pretty highly recommended).

If there is anyone interested in showing me some tricks and tips I would appreciate it. Maybe you have an "extra" or "loaner" I could borrow until I make my purchase.

I dabbled in detecting 10 years ago with a cheap Radio Shack model, pulling clad from local tot-lots. I never hunted older, historical locations to satisfy my detecting hobby so I would love to try this. I guess I'm not a total "newbie".

I plan on ordering it within the month of May sometime (need to free up the cash - I owed Uncle Sam this year!!!).

I also have a place up in "the thumb" (Port Austin) that would be a decent location for hunting.

Keep me in mind if your planning a future outing.

Ed

I am ready to go. I'm from Monroe, Mi. 59 year old male with a Whites V3. I scan thru this site almost every day, so if you would like to include me just post it here. Someone prior said they pm'd me and I couldn't find it, so just post a note here if we are to do a group thing.

I would too eventually like to get with someone on here, but where would you detect? Any old spots? Let me know, thanks.

I also live and hunt alot in West Michigan... a hour anyway from Grand Rapids and I'm there! I live in Walker, MI right now and would love to find some hunting buddies! Let me know if interested!

-keep your coil to the soil-

A Rookie

Hello I live in Inkster, Mi looking to meet up for a group hunt in the Wayne, Oakland or Macomb counties someday and learn.

Does anyone know if a Macomb/Oakland group was ever formed? I'd love to be able to get out with some fellow MDers and see what we can find and to keep learning more. I'm interested in branching out to new locations as I usually have been sticking to the same few. Thanks!

Liz

Does anyone know if a Macomb/Oakland group was ever formed? I'd love to be able to get out with some fellow MDers and see what we can find and to keep learning more. I'm interested in branching out to new locations as I usually have been sticking to the same few. Thanks!

Liz

I don't know of any Macomb/Oakland group. I have been away from detecting since last fall. I usually go to Metro Beach. I have not tried many other places yet. - Dave

Live outside lansing, mi

I live in holt and would like to find someone or a group of people to hunt with.

Looking for a Greenville Michigan Hunting Buddy

I live in Greenville Michigan. Would like to find a hunting buddy. I have been over the curb strips here as has someone else. I found a 1903 Barber Dime they dug up and didn't see. I got a 1958 Rosevelt dime a couple weeks back at 3 inches and a 1944 Wheat a few inches away at 3 inches. I been detecting since 1973 off and on. I have been looking at old plat maps and seen where old schools and churches were in the late 1800s and early 1900s. I did a little checking with my M6 on the grounds of two old schools here in Greenville with nothing showing up but modern coins. If you look at old plat maps I seen there were lots of schools out in the country back in the 1800s and churches too. Seems like Schools and Churches were near each other a lot back then.

M6 Mike

South Lyon

Newbie here... Fisher F2.. I live in South Lyon and work in Dearborn.....I would like to find a hunting partner. I enjoy the history and research end of the detecting as well as the thrill of the chase.

Steve

Port Huron here BUT, you can find me everywhere. Oakland, Macomb, Livingston and plenty of other counties. BUT I am in the water probably 90% of the time.

If anybody wants to water hunt. Look me up at scubadetector.com

Robert

Back
Top Bottom