Anyone in Plano, TX?

Same guy must be traveling a fleet of totters all the way up into Michigan! The haul has sure dropped off to about nothing in the past few years...It was like, BAM! Over!

I think theres more afoot than just us hunting...Kids dont have any money any more unless its a plastic charge card..or something....

Isn't it funny how we generously give advice on how to hunt totlots and parks, and then later complain that they're all hunted out? :laughing:

You can come over to Australia. Over here, most detectorists are into gold prospecting so there's not much competition in parks and beaches. ;) (Plus we've got $1 and $2 coins!)

Same guy must be traveling a fleet of totters all the way up into Michigan! The haul has sure dropped off to about nothing in the past few years...It was like, BAM! Over!

I think theres more afoot than just us hunting...Kids dont have any money any more unless its a plastic charge card..or something....

Yeah, this is pretty perplexing. I've been expanding and maybe I invaded someone else's territory, but 2 of these lots were fully covered 6 inches deep with pea gravel and not your standard chips. Ain't no self respecting detectorist who cares about their gear going to venture into pea gravel and risk busting up a Minelab or Deus coil. It even gave me pause for a second when I approached and noticed it, but I thought damn skippy there's bound to be goodies there for sure! Nope, even the normal junk was thin. Had to double check my gear a few times just to make sure it was on and setting were par...:?:

(Plus we've got $1 and $2 coins!)

It sure would be something if we had $1 and $2 coins abundant in normal circulation. Makes me wonder if a side effect would be even more detectorists though trying to steal my lucky charms! Austrailia, huh...you got me thinking...me and Nicole Kidman hitting the beachs and totlots, sounds like a might fine retirement... :cool:

I was in Plano in the 70's. Find Rabbit Run motocross and you will find tons of my clad. I used to race motocross and would always comes back with empty pockets.

If you are, STAY OUTTA MY TOTLOTS! I hit about 7 playgrounds tonight and came home with about 45 cents you punks! :mad:

I drive a school bus in Plano. I find more under the bus seats that in the lots.

I live in Richardson and about the same. If you are going to hunt tot lots you'd have to go to Dallas.

Good luck and head South.

I drive a school bus in Plano. I find more under the bus seats that in the lots.

I live in Richardson and about the same. If you are going to hunt tot lots you'd have to go to Dallas.

Good luck and head South.

Yeah, South Dallas is exactly where I don't want to hunt...expecially after sundown. The totlots are full there, but so are the lurkers looking to take advantage of people who are out of place. I began spreading out East, to Rowlett and Rockwall with good results. Then, further North to Wylie and Murphy. Thinking I might start going West as I grew up in Grand Prairie and know that area well, there's a lot of area to be had between here and there though.

This sounds like a good indicator of economic conditions (The TL Index). Either that, or more kids are paying with their phones, like adults. :)

-- Tom

This sounds like a good indicator of economic conditions (The TL Index). Either that, or more kids are paying with their phones, like adults. :)

-- Tom

Many of the school districts here use ID cards now that kids have electronic lunch accounts linked on. My son has one and my wife is a teacher at another school that uses them too. Makes it hard for finding any coins in those totlots anymore. Once they have been swept for the old, it could take years to replentish them instead of just a semester of pocket drops. Times are tough for us cladders! :laughing:

South Dallas

Nothing wrong with South Dallas. I go there but never by myself. As long as there are 2 or more of you everyone leaves you alone.

I would also suggest you join a club. The one in Mesquite is good. The meet one a month on the first Thursday and then have a fun hunt at a park on the following Saturday.

Gotta go South.

Novice i live 2 hours away from you!!! MAHAHAHA totlots here i commmeeee:digginahole:

Go South, I hear that's where the good stuff is! Oak Cliff and anywhere around Fair Park should be easy pickings. Just make sure to go after sundown, wear very bright clothes and bring a really big flashlight. Also, practice up on your Neo skills so you can dodge the gunfire... :laughing:

Oak Cliff born and raised!

Looking to buy a detector now, my old one died many years back. When I get one you can come hunt with me in my hood! Graduated in 1980 from Kimball High School and recently moved back to my childhood home when my Dad passed, only half a mile from Kimball, near Pecan Park.

Todd

Looking to buy a detector now, my old one died many years back. When I get one you can come hunt with me in my hood! Graduated in 1980 from Kimball High School and recently moved back to my childhood home when my Dad passed, only half a mile from Kimball, near Pecan Park.

Todd

That sounds good. I've hit further South like Cedar Hill and Duncanville a few times. I used to work in Cockrell Hill several years ago, it was tough then and I'm sure it hasn't changed much but if we got each others back then I'm down!

Lived in Cedar Hill for Years!

Sounds good! I lived in Cedar Hill from 1985 until 2014 when I moved back to Oak Cliff! I know the whole southside of Dallas area pretty well.
Todd

Back
Top Bottom