2nd Barber Outing for Washington State!!!

Buellride

Forum Supporter
Dang, my lucky streak continues!! Today was a permission hunt that I secured yesterday during my 1st hunt back from Hawaii where I found another silver Washington quarter.

Today, after football of course :cool:, I hunted a house built in 1907 and while I pulled a few Wheaties from its curb strip, there was not much to speak of until I hit the yard, then my finds started to improve in terms of volume until I hit a very deep quarter signal and unfortunately I pulled a Washington Tax Token :roll:, but immediately after that target I got another 13-45/47 on my CTX and out pops the beautiful back of a barber!!!

Some of you recall my "EPIC" barber spill I found earlier this year and this is only my 2nd hunt with a barber ANYTHING in over 10 years of doing this!!

A GORGEOUS 1903S Barber Quarter, semi-key/rare date!

As always I calmly pocketed the quarter and hoped for a second silver but it wasn't to be....$2.89 in finds, 1956D, 1957S, and 1958D Wheaties.

Still I am VERY VERY happy with my silver haul as of the new fiscal year...I am now sitting at 8 silvers since 1 OCT (a total of 12 hunts). Not a bad ratio of hunts to silver :yes:

Attachments

• 11_18 Barber Front.jpg
    11_18 Barber Front.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 354
  • 11_18 Barber Back.jpg
    11_18 Barber Back.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 272
  • 11_18 Finds.jpg
    11_18 Finds.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 302
Very nice Barber Q! Congrats!

TY Tom

Been awhile since I've seen a barber quarter in the plug, congrats!

That and finding one around my parts is about as common as Big Foot sightings:laughing:

Man what a prize! Congrats!

It was a joy to see it in the hole

Great barber Quarter! One of my favorite US coins to find!

I love the back reverse of the Barber, equal to a Morgan in artistry

What a sweet barber! Barely any wear on it. Congratulations!

True it is a very clean coin. Thankfully the plug was large enough to keep it that way.

Your on a very nice run Paul. Congrats on a shape looking Barber Quarter, the Wheat's and a nice clad haul. Hope this run stays with you for a good while. Trapper

Sweet Barber! Not a bad ratio is right! Congrats!

I have been exceptionally lucky over the last series of hunts. Not bad for Washington State

That barber is pristine

It is, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful Barber!

:D

Your on a very nice run Paul. Congrats on a shape looking Barber Quarter, the Wheat's and a nice clad haul. Hope this run stays with you for a good while. Trapper

Your finds have been over the top as well J&J, thank you!

Yeah, in great shape.

TY

Sheesh Buell! What a succulent Barber you got there! You put in in your pocket though huh? Thats sort of not appropriate for a coin of that low minty magnitude!
You shoulda popped that baby right in your mouth like a Necco wafer or a Communion host!! :laughing:

8 silvers in 12 hunts? Your killing it, congrats!

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Back
Top Bottom