Good stuff!

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
Red beans and rice :cool: Best part.....plenty for left-overs!

P1100002.jpg

P1100004.jpg

Looks really good !!!!! :eat: :chef2: :lol:

Just need a little cornbread ! :lol:

We got lots of beans in the cupboard, probable need to cook some more up soon, it's been a few weeks.

We got lots of beans in the cupboard, probable need to cook some more up soon, it's been a few weeks.

I normally would have, but we've had a couple days in the 60's, and the oven just makes it too hot in here. Not to worry...ice and snow in the forecast tomorrow, and below freezing temps at night for the next 2 weeks :roll:

Looks great! Big chunks of kielbasa in there too?

Thanks, Smoked sausage, but would have rather had some andouille

Oh yeah! Looks good -

Thanks!

With grub like that whatever is leftover won't last long around me. Ha!

I will cook extra, and freeze it so it's always ready to eat if I get the cravin' :yes:

Mmmmmm......Beans! Kielbasa looks good too, Now I'm starving.
I'm not sure how it started but growing up Saturday was always hot dogs and beans for dinner, still one of my favorites.

NICE makes me huuungry, I will send over a mason jar of mooshine free to all here:lol:

One of my favourite meals for camping while gold prospecting, pre cook the rice at home, freeze it, then bring it along and reheat it over the campfire, chuck some beans on it with some herbs, salt and pepper and 10mins later you have dinner after a long day of digging! ;)

Love cornbread, when mom passed I tried dozens of times but could not match her cornbread recipe....some recipes have got down pretty fair..but was lot of trial and error though my dog would eat it.:lol:

Love cornbread, when mom passed I tried dozens of times but could not match her cornbread recipe....some recipes have got down pretty fair..but was lot of trial and error though my dog would eat it.:lol:

Set oven at 425* (F) and place cast iron skillet in oven to preheat.

Mix 1.25 cup milk, and 1 cup cornmeal in bowl, and set aside.

In another bowl, mix 1 cup flour, 4 tsp baking powder (not soda), 3/4 tsp Kosher salt (I use less if using salted butter), 2 eggs (beaten), 1 cup butter (I melt in microwave). Combine both bowls and mix.

Remove skillet from oven, add 1 TBS vegetable oil, coat skillet, pour in batter and bake 18-23 minutes.

Sometimes I cut the recipe in half and make muffins.

Set oven at 425* (F) and place cast iron skillet in oven to preheat.

Mix 1.25 cup milk, and 1 cup cornmeal in bowl, and set aside.

In another bowl, mix 1 cup flour, 4 tsp baking powder (not soda), 3/4 tsp Kosher salt (I use less if using salted butter), 2 eggs (beaten), 1 cup butter (I melt in microwave). Combine both bowls and mix.

Remove skillet from oven, add 1 TBS vegetable oil, coat skillet, pour in batter and bake 18-23 minutes.

Sometimes I cut the recipe in half and make muffins.

Thank-You !

Oh man does that look tasty, you touched on one of my three favorite things, cookin'- eatin', well mostly eatin', bourbon and metal detecting. A good day of digging, a good meal, and finish it off with a glass of fine bourbon is a good day. Think I'll make a pot this weekend. Good post thanks Mark

Back
Top Bottom