• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

UPDATE WITH LESSONS LEARNED - No Creepy Gold This Time

Totally agree. Fake stones in 14K and plat?? STRANGE. Congrats on the metal though

I found a ring about a year and a half ago that tested as diamonds
Took it to a jewelry store where I have spent some dollars and young lady tested it and said Its Real and a very nice diamond.

Happened to be in a jewelry store in November to get the battery in my watch changed and the lady said "My Husband detects" so I took the time to show her a couple of my finds.

The Jeweler said Can I look at your ring? He tested it and it showed that it was a diamond. He then tested it for moissanite and the test was positive. The ring is marked 14k and according to his test it has man made stones

The main stone if it was a diamond would be at least 1 carat so sometimes junk does get put in gold rings.

I wonder how many members just replaced the batteries on their diamond testers... lol

Congrats on the diamond ring, looks really good!

LOL, yup first thing I did was replace my batteries in my tester! THen retested a ring and sure enough came up diamond. Who'ld thought.

Congrats on a nice ring and a good save.

Just my 2 cents but DO NOT sell it to the jeweler. He's looking to buy wholesale from you and he'll turn around and sell that $550 ring for 2K minimum.

Jewelry markup is typically 400% give or take.

Get it appraised (Say 2K for argument's sake) and put it on Ebay or something for $1,000 and turn a better profit.

Just my two cents from having bought an engagement ring once and then having the store I bought it at offer me $1,000 (when the engagement ended, that you God) on the ring they sold to me for $4000. I sold it myself for $2500!

Back
Top Bottom