$100 Dimes yields possible find of a litfetime

Pokeplayer101

Elite Member
Early in the morning at opening time of my local bank I called and asked if they had any customer wrapped rolls of dimes. So I put $100 on hold and quickly went there to obtain the amount. So guess what I got? Bank wrapped rolls? So I just quickly scanned for silver. I didn't open any of the rolls but I saw a few interested sides. One of them was an error dime. The error is known as a Half Collar. Once I scanned all the rolls I went to another bank and asked if they had any costumer wrapped rolls of dimes again. So guess what I got? Bank wrapped rolls :laughing:. But although there was no silver out of $200 in dimes. I found a few keepers. I found another half collar error dime. I also found the low mintage year of 2009 D and 2009 P dimes. One of each. But I have so much compensation for no silver. It is a 1985 P dime. It appears to be struck on a copper planchet and I see no sign of the typical "silver/clad" look of a dime. It looks like copper. I did the drop test numerous times with a copper penny, zinc penny, and with many dimes. All of the tests I have completed, gave me the conclusion of it being a copper planchet due to the copper ring. I don't have a scale so I cant weigh it but there is something very interesting. The dime is 2 to 3 times thicker than a normal sized dime and is slightly larger in length than a normal dime. I am going to get this authenticated by a error expert in my area on Monday.

Attachments

• IMG_5887.jpg
    IMG_5887.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 575
  • IMG_5890.jpg
    IMG_5890.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 608
  • IMG_5891.jpg
    IMG_5891.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 554
  • IMG_5895.jpg
    IMG_5895.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 558
  • IMG_5902.jpg
    IMG_5902.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 542
  • IMG_5904.jpg
    IMG_5904.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 555
Ok, you have had plenty of time to get the coin looked at by a dealer and for him to weigh it...What did he have to say??????

I know, I took it to a coin shop. I had to leave it there for someone to look it and for it to be shot to check which alloy it is made out of. I am going to find out on Thursday when I go back to the shop.

the difference of his chin from one to another is huge. Looks like he had a facelift. Good luck......

Yeah, there are areas here where the soil turns clad coins a deep red color. They look just like copper.

Back
Top Bottom