• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

my bottle digging findss, a long history

I love watching the English version of Antiques Road Show and Cash In the Attic and have gotten familiar with a pottery designer called Claris Cliff. Is one of your small pitchers painted by her? I'm talking about the one in the picture of 4, on the right, with the trees and green around the top. Whenever something by her comes up it always brings a premium price, which I'm sure you are aware of since you are very knowledgeable about this passion of yours. : ) Thanks for the small lesson in bottling, I will look at them differently from now on.

sadly not, although i have had cliff items in the past. the items you refer to ,are actualy childrens tea set items, with the exception of the one at front, which is part of a dolls house set.
these turn up quite frequntly. and in large numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice collection!!I dig bottles too,just found a 1850's 90's dump.And got permisson to dig,but have to wait, the grounds frozen.Won't be long and I'll be a digging!

some more pics ,,,,from the bottle world
1st009-1.jpg

1st017.jpg

1st018.jpg

1st040.jpg

1st041.jpg

1stone001.jpg

1stone011.jpg

bcd013.jpg

cbm.jpg

bottlesvar002.jpg

Copyof10th024.jpg

VIR4.jpg

th100_1194.jpg

th100_1193.jpg

Thanks for sharing your collection....I also have a few bottles....mostly medicine bottles and a couple poison bottles.....they all came from my dad who dug them up when he was a kid....he & his brothers found an old well, that was used as a dump in the late 1800's.....he also found some Benjamin Franklin glasses still with the lenses and in the case:shock:.....I know about where this well is....

Also, a few weeks ago I went to a site where they just recently moved a house ad found a bottle that was patented in 1927 (I believe, could be 1929)can't recall the designer's name right now...anyway, the bottle was under a pile of bricks, i guess the freshly dug ground made a cushion for it....no chips in it at all:D

Back
Top Bottom