Savage Family Diggers

KarlT

Hey Guys. I watched this show this morning for the 1st time. This is the biggest fake that I have ever seen (what would you expect from a former pro wrestler) Not only was it obvious that what they were finding was planted; Randy Savage was not even experienced with using a metal detector. He and his wife were arcing the coil of the detector up at the end of each swing. Very noticeable. I dont believe that either of them have ever used a detector until the filming of this show.

:realitycheck:

All they are doing is encouraging people to detect and waste their money on a detector thinking they'll find things like they are finding.
85% of the time the people won't find anything of value, on their first hunt.
5% they do
and the 10% is where they get in trouble for trespassing :laughing:

Shows like this are nothing but a stain on the underwear of our hobby. I hate that professional companies that make dectectors have anything to do with them.

I can see the interview 20 years from now.... "YEA BABY Savage diggers changed my life when was a kid! now I just dig holes and crack skulls!!! BOOYA BROTHER!!!" Then he punches the reporter in the face and rifles through his pockets for change and pull tabs.

That and American diggers or what ever its called is ridiculess. Watched a show of each and thats about a hour of my life i'll never get back.

They run a disclaimer at the opening of the show that mentions it's scripted and "based on the stories of the best finds" or something along those lines.

I suspect "Diggers" is much the same. Sometimes the dirt they show turning over doesn't match the environment they are hunting, other times their good signal just happens to be over the only bit of disturbed ground.

That's just the way it is these days. With educational channels openly faking "reality" content (Discovery, Learning Channel, History) I don't really think there's much on TV anymore that can be believed.

Drat. I like that show. This week they were pretty close to the old POW barracks in Virginia Beach - been telling people about those for years, at least now they believe me even if the finds were rigged.

Back
Top Bottom