Short time in the park with one thing on my mind

relichead

Banned
Every gold ring ive dug , all hit dead nickel...so spent an hour or so digging only 11 , 12 on the equinox nothing but 11 and 12 .. about ten holes in ...1954 class ring !!
Just under 5 grams !! 1st gold of 2021!!
Stonington high school (connecticut) :cool3:
My 1st class ring

Attachments

• USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1610237620931.jpg_1610237631355.jpg
    USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1610237620931.jpg_1610237631355.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 601
  • USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1610237570214.jpg_1610237580389.jpg
    USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1610237570214.jpg_1610237580389.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 601
  • USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1610237543996.jpg_1610237547556.jpg
    USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1610237543996.jpg_1610237547556.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 613
Nice ring for sure! Nickels always came in at a bouncey 12,13 for me on the nox. If it said 12 or 13 solid it was never a nickel,but when it bounced it was always a nickel. Congrats on the gold

Congrats on the nice ring! I never dig nickel signals that bounce to 12-13-14 anymore. I've never dug one nickel that bounced to 14. I do dig 10,11,12,13, looking for nickels. Deep V nickels can beep that low. How many rings beep 13,14,15, I wonder? Anyone dug any that beeped like that.

I am almost four years in and no gold yet, but I've sure dug a lot of nickels with the Equinox.

relichead, nice find!

Most of the nickels I find with the Equinox come in at 12 or 13.

Check out Tony Eisenhower's video "Why ya gotta dig it all with the NOX"...

Skip to 31:06 to see the summary of targets that hit in the 13, 14, 15 range.

I've watched before. I know there are rings in the ground that span a good portion of the V.I.D. scale. I guess what I was getting at is what does the average ring hit. There has to be a segment that most fall into. Is it 12-13? I'm not a ring hunter, but I'm surprised I have not dug a gold ring in almost 4 years of digging nickel numbers.

Any identifying initials ? You gonna try and track down owner ?

Yes it has initials , i plan on getting in touch with the school , i can see the yr book online but the way its posted , if i zoom in close enough to read the names it gets so blurry i cant make out the text ....it wasnt a big school back in 54 and it will be easy to do if i could read the names.

I would love to find out how many yrs ago she lost it ....shed be in mid 80s today , it couldve been lost decades ago

Last edited:
I've watched before. I know there are rings in the ground that span a good portion of the V.I.D. scale. I guess what I was getting at is what does the average ring hit. There has to be a segment that most fall into. Is it 12-13? I'm not a ring hunter, but I'm surprised I have not dug a gold ring in almost 4 years of digging nickel numbers.

Like i said between myself and my nephew we dirt dug 7 or 8 gold rings , from bands to opal with diamonds to a band with one birth stone..all rang solid nickel ...the way i look at it , is digging any signals more than a number or 2 below nickel makes for way too many holes and the gold reward would be pretty light for all that work ....if im digging nickels , usualy the gold has at least a little meat to it ...im gonna experiment alot more with discriminating away all the clad besides nickel (plus or minus one or 2 numbers ) and see if i can get a few more golds this yr.. as i HATE clad anyway ..i think ill disc out everything but 11 to 13 (maybe 14) on the equinox and see how that works out

Like i said between myself and my nephew we dirt dug 7 or 8 gold rings , from bands to opal with diamonds to a band with one birth stone..all rang solid nickel ...the way i look at it , is digging any signals more than a number or 2 below nickel makes for way too many holes and the gold reward would be pretty light for all that work ....if im digging nickels , usualy the gold has at least a little meat to it ...im gonna experiment alot more with discriminating away all the clad besides nickel (plus or minus one or 2 numbers ) and see if i can get a few more golds this yr.. as i HATE clad anyway ..i think ill disc out everything but 11 to 13 (maybe 14) on the equinox and see how that works out

Thanks for the info! I hate clad, pull tabs, and square tabs too. I've found if centered above a true nickel you won't get a 14. Always 12-13 even war nickels. Occasionally I'll dig a deeper bouncing 12-13-14 just to see, but always a trash target.

Congrats on the ring and tracking down the owner with intent to return. Sad about the cancer and sure hope she was close with the Lord despite it.

As for clad, not trying to change your mind but I buy silver eagles with my clad at the end of the year. That makes digging clad worth it for me.

Good luck on your ring quest this year! Hope to see more.

Thats a awesome class ring you found! DEFINITELY not a boring design

Im gonna put the 6 inch coil on my machine and disc out EVERYTHING but 10 to 13 on the nox and skip all the obvious clad , as I HATE CLAD ...

especially zincolns , i actually throw zincolns in the garbage when i find em at home....ABSOLUTELY dont wanna be digging them! Im gonna set out on some gold numbers only park and sports field digs this yr

Back
Top Bottom