Excal Configurations

GaBeachsweeper

Forum Supporter
Hello guys
I have seen some pics of Excaliburs Differently configured than the stock shaft and hip-mounts. I know that there is a balanced shaft sold by Kellyco for $95. I was hoping to see those pics again but not sure if they were posted here or elsewhere. Anybody else seen'em here? Repost please if you read this.
Thanks,
Jim

There are a couple manufacturers around and even a guy in Florida who has introduced a new straight- shaft design. Check out the Minelad Excal forum on Findmall or just Google it and that will bring up a bunch of info.

Im going to give this a shot. Have not posted pics on this new site hope they came out and was of some help. Yes Craig Im going to water hunt this unit for the first time Sunday am.
L.I. Mike

Attachments

• Roll 28 - 37.jpeg
    Roll 28 - 37.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 230
  • Roll 28 - 38.jpeg
    Roll 28 - 38.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 224
Ps the shaft came from Kellyco. If you order make sure they send a strap. You might want to use locking nuts for the ones that come with come undon.

Thanks Steve and LI Mike,
I have some shoulder joint difficulty and from the first moment of swinging the Excal I knew I'd be changing the cinfiguration to get that weight behind the elbow. Gonna be a different world from my old Garrett XL500 PI.
Jim

Jim I hope I was of some help. You might want to try the hip mount. The shaft in my pics is strong and my cat likes it too.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: HH
L.I. Mike

Cute cat LI Mike :grin: You gonna take him water huntin with ya? ;) Who knows, the cat could be good luck, lol.

I like the looks of that shaft mike, Kellyco huh? I am gonna check that out for myself as well and if it under 100 bucks maybe buy one. I will heed your reccomendation making sure they include an arm strap.
Please allow me to return the favor with a reccomendation of my own for the Excal. Make sure the unit's knobs are on nice and tight. They tend to become loose and before you know it they come off and you won't be able to figure out where the dial is pointing. You can always re-order them from Minelab or a dealer but then that takes time. There is a tiny allen wrench that will work to help keep them tight and on the unit. Just a bit of info from a fellow Excal user.
PS - You will love the Excal, it is a super solid water machine.

Thanks for the info. This is the kind of stuff we all can learn from. This forum has become what I think the best out there,and that is do to the kind of people like yourself. And my hat is off to father Vlad & mother Carol for bringing the great child( Forum) onto the net ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
L.I. Mike

Thanks for the knob tips LI Mike. I'm sure I'll be taking that one to heart.
Hmmmm, Kstore huh? Looks like I stepped on a rule mentioning them by name. Not interested in plugging any particular store you see, just that they are the only people I've ever bought a detector from. Guess I'll watch my mouth henceforth. :-)
HH Everybody

Back
Top Bottom