Ace250 LCD Visual Explanation

Re: Ace250 LCD Visual Explantion

That was very informative, I am going to check out the Ace 250 as it appears to be a lot easier to read than the DFX visual. Thanks!! :!:

Jason said:
These Ace250's seem to be prety popular. Is it because of the price or is it really a good machine?

It really is a very good machine. As I've said on here before, I bought mine a cheap(ish) backup machine, but I've been using it quite a bit, and find it works verk well. I'm more than happy with it.

:shock:How!!! This is just GREAT!!! I'm going to get a 250 and this really helps a guy out!

Thanks so much!!!!

God Bless!!!

Greg

I AM FINDING, WITH MY ACE 250, A LOT OF THE TIMES IT WILL READ A DIME WHEN IT IS ACTUALLY A PENNY. ARE THE REST OF YOU FINDING THAT TO BE THE CASE?

aquacop911 said:
I AM FINDING, WITH MY ACE 250, A LOT OF THE TIMES IT WILL READ A DIME WHEN IT IS ACTUALLY A PENNY. ARE THE REST OF YOU FINDING THAT TO BE THE CASE?

Hi Ricky !.........Welcome to the forum !   :grin:

I'm no expert on this, but theoretically, since metal detectors identify by the conductivity of the target, this shouldn't be happening. I have the Ace250 also and notice that the penny and dime indicators are right next to
each other on the Ace's console, so this would suggest that the respective conductivity ratings of these two coins are in the same ball park. So for an entry level machine, the Ace250 is great, but not fool-proof. The more you pay for a metal detector, the more accuracy, etc..
If you are getting a solid "lock" on the dime indicator (bar not bouncing between penny and dime)
and you dig up a penny, then either you didn't pinpoint accurately and there is still another coin in the ground
(dime) or there may be something wrong with your particular machine or a whole bunch of other reasons that
would need to be sorted out. I would wait for a few days, to see if you get responses to your question from
our forum experts. We have many here and all are excellent. If you don't get a satisfying answer within a reasonable time, I would contact either Tony (USA forum supporter) or Brian (UK professional tester of metal
detectors and also a member of this forum). There are several others that I personally have much respect for
their knowledge of MD'rs if you still need more contacts. But my guess is more answers will be coming shortly.
We have a very helpful group here !  :yes:

Good luck and HH...............Todd

As I mentioned on a similar thread, the displays on detectors are only a guide.
Many factors will affect what the visual display tells you, soil type and moisture content, the way the coin is lying in the ground etc.
There's nothing wrong with your machine if your finding a different type of coin, to that indicated on the display.

Not in my experience anyway

Todd,

Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures and the explanations. For someone like myself, who is just starting out in this hobby, and seriously considering the purchase of an Ace 250, this will be a great help.

kestrel0222 said:
Todd,

Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures and the explanations. For someone like myself, who is just starting out in this hobby, and seriously considering the purchase of an Ace 250, this will be a great help.

Hi Tom.........You're most certainly welcome. I'm a little confused though. Your signature shows the Ace250, which
would normally mean you already have one, yet above quote says you are "seriously considering the purchase of an
Ace250" .

Todd :?:

Hi Everyone!

I know that I have not posted a thing in months! I'm glad to see the Ace 250 LCD Visual Explanation has com in handy to a lot of Ace 250 users. But anyway, I'm back and I will be spending from Dec 22 thru Dec 25 metal detecting in the mornings on the Isla Verde beaches of PR with the Ace 250. Is going to be a test as I have had a chance to take it out on a spin to try the sandy areas here.

Old Guy said:
I'm an old (70) new MD'er with an Ace 250. Much of the information that came with it is confusing and I am ever so grateful for your time and effort, Garret should be awarding you a medal For the clear concise way in which you have made this presentation, and to say the least helps promote their product...Mel from Nova Scotia

Better yet now one of us can find him a medal !!!!!

Thanks! That was very helpful! I am a new user of the ACE 250 and have only been metal detecting since Christmas. My question for whoever can answer it is: When in the jewelry mode, how can you tell whether the detector is hitting on jewelry, coins, aluminum, etc.?

Thanks!

i have had my 250 for 2 and a half months. it has been in coin mode since i bought it. i tried the jewelry mode but it was way too noisy. i'm not worried about missing the good finds. i have found two gold rings so far. a small pinkie ring and a very thin wedding band. i would never recommend to start out in all metal mode for the beginner. i can go out in my back yard and in all metal mode with sensitivity at 2 bars it will go off like crazy on all the small iron pieces in the yard. there is no reason to be listening to that or digging it. in coin mode i have dug up very small pieces of tabs. it 's a short signal but it will sound off. you will hear enough chatter on the nickel notch to keep you busy. i have tried to tell the difference between a nickel and trash but it is almost impossible. i have dug nickles on very short trashy signals and pull tabs on solid nickel tones. take a look at all the trash that you will dig in coin mode . if you find yourself in an extremely clean area, then i might suggest the jewelry mode. try scanning some gold jewelry in coin mode. i think you will find that it will give a signal.

Attachments

• junk2.jpg
    junk2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 2,663
Thanks Todd. Just found this post and it makes a lot of sense even tho my ace 250 is still in the mail. This will make learning that much easier. much thanks!!! :D :D

yes this post

this post is by far a must read for any ace 250 owner

good post and the admins did a good job making this a sticky post

Very good presentation
I have a ace 250 went out a few times never found a thing.
its just me
need practice
not as easy as going out and hitting the mother lode first day out
will keep trying though

A good 'ol BUMP for all those 250 users
waytogo.gif

EDIT: Well eff, it's a sticky... well at least it will be brought up on New Posts, haha

As for the penny/dime reading....

check the date of the penny and see if it's not a true copper penny. It will probably be easy to tell without looking at the date as it won't be eaten up:lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom