• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

The Excalibur on small gold...

Well,
I don’t see your logic here..
Btw, calabash when he found the gold chain and ring, he was passing on high conductors. His friend using Deus 2 wasn’t.
Follow me here.
Why would you if you had good IDing detector want to dig copper Penney’s, quarters and dimes.
Instead look for targets in gold range using deus 2.
Leaving the high conductors (the sucker’s) targets i’ll Call them.
Yeah leave for the suckers. So they will WASTE their time digging them giving them less time to actually sweep over a target that is infact a gold ring.
Make sense.
You assume a person not finding targets will go home. Maybe they will keep sweeping and bingo they hit a gold ring.

So save your time sweeping for gold range targets. And let the suckers waste their time digging clad.
🤣🤣🤣You can't be serious. Is this THE end all machine ? What about that 1st heart shaped junker he picked up. That wasn't in the gold range. Your crew should test your "Certified" skills out here in So.Cal. Ya think guys haven't tried notching the Nox to only hunt for gold signals ? Guess what happens. They go home broke as a joke. Which is what you boys will do with your tail between your legs. Lol. Might as well watch the girls jogging along the bike path. Call me a sucker. But if I'm finding alot of clad , especially "green clad" , my chances of gold are solid. But if not , I've at least got some collateral in my search. I may still get the "2" after 6months of it being out. Every detector I've owned has paid for itself in less than 6 weeks. And that's at melt. None of this " oh that ring retails for $2k , you just paid for your detector" nonsense. So if I can't do it in 4 , I should be able to off it quickly.

Well,
Btw, calabash when he found the gold chain and ring, he was passing on high conductors. His friend using Deus 2 wasn’t.
Follow me here.
Why would you if you had good IDing detector want to dig copper Penney’s, quarters and dimes.
Yeah leave for the suckers. So they will WASTE their time digging them giving them less time to actually sweep over a target that is infact a gold ring.
Make sense.
You assume a person not finding targets will go home. Maybe they will keep sweeping and bingo they hit a gold ring.

So save your time sweeping for gold range targets. And let the suckers waste their time digging clad.

I'm a cherry picker, some places this works..others it does not. What it boils down to is knowing your beaches history. I have a few fresh drop beaches we are limited on hunt time..6am to 9am.. I am a cherry picking fool at these... Other places I will cherry pick in other ways, like skipping the shallow targets and digging everything faint. And some places I dig everything until I see what is needed..... The beach is a living organism, things are constantly moving, what you see, what you dig, what you feel under your feet and your past history at this spot tells you what you need to do that day,.... at that beach.......

Old video..10 years ago..wow..

What it boils down to is knowing your beaches history. ]

Pretty much sums it up.

Add in the conditions of the day as well as the tide time line (and personal time line) and it's all about trade offs sometimes.

🤣🤣🤣You can't be serious. Is this THE end all machine ? What about that 1st heart shaped junker he picked up. That wasn't in the gold range. Your crew should test your "Certified" skills out here in So.Cal. Ya think guys haven't tried notching the Nox to only hunt for gold signals ? Guess what happens. They go home broke as a joke. Which is what you boys will do with your tail between your legs. Lol. Might as well watch the girls jogging along the bike path. Call me a sucker. But if I'm finding alot of clad , especially "green clad" , my chances of gold are solid. But if not , I've at least got some collateral in my search. I may still get the "2" after 6months of it being out. Every detector I've owned has paid for itself in less than 6 weeks. And that's at melt. None of this " oh that ring retails for $2k , you just paid for your detector" nonsense. So if I can't do it in 4 , I should be able to off it quickly.

Yep I am serious. A person looking for gold ring range targets will still dig some junk targets. But they likely won’t dig loads of zincolns, and higher conductive clad coins.
With a VLF that has broad range of id capability.
Eqx don’t. And I never mentioned Eqx above either.
And I never said anything about Deus 2 being end all machine either.

It does take time to dig targets in sand don’t it.
Who here can dig a hole and at the same time be sweeping a VLF detector?
My point was let the folks that A either don’t know any better dig the higher conductors or B is the folks are not running VLF that can ID targets by conductivity at all or if it does ID not very well dig the higher conductor signals.

This same logic would also apply to digging the extreme low IDing conductors that could be micro gold or small foil or junk.

Really is about time management.
Who covers most ground sweeping vs who likely digs the most hole who doesn’t cover as much ground.

Maybe you should move from California.
From looks of things folks there won’t be able to afford to buy gold rings to even lose on the beaches.

I love hearing that guys leave targets behind!
I reccomend none of you dig anything you think is a bottle cap or pulltab.

For me, the only targets I don't dig are very large board targets.

Yep I am serious. A person looking for gold ring range targets will still dig some junk targets. But they likely won’t dig loads of zincolns, and higher conductive clad coins.
With a VLF that has broad range of id capability.
Eqx don’t. And I never mentioned Eqx above either.
And I never said anything about Deus 2 being end all machine either.

It does take time to dig targets in sand don’t it.
Who here can dig a hole and at the same time be sweeping a VLF detector?
My point was let the folks that A either don’t know any better dig the higher conductors or B is the folks are not running VLF that can ID targets by conductivity at all or if it does ID not very well dig the higher conductor signals.

This same logic would also apply to digging the extreme low IDing conductors that could be micro gold or small foil or junk.

Really is about time management.
Who covers most ground sweeping vs who likely digs the most hole who doesn’t cover as much ground.

Maybe you should move from California.
From looks of things folks there won’t be able to afford to buy gold rings to even lose on the beaches.
I know you didn't mention the Nox. I did. And some guys set it up just as I said. But you and your friends DO talk about the Deus as the ultimate beach machine. I hope it is. But then again , I don't. Because like when the Nox came out , every Yahoo had to hunt the beach with one. You are right about time management. Besides knowing your beach , that would have to be second. Particularly when it comes to tides and then any competition. I also agree with you on California. Biggest thing keeping me here is the weather. I have lived some short stints in other states to see what it was like , but always come back. Not many places in the US , let alone the world that has our weather , which is rather consistent. The rest of it.....🤮

I'm a cherry picker, some places this works..others it does not. What it boils down to is knowing your beaches history. I have a few fresh drop beaches we are limited on hunt time..6am to 9am.. I am a cherry picking fool at these... Other places I will cherry pick in other ways, like skipping the shallow targets and digging everything faint. And some places I dig everything until I see what is needed..... The beach is a living organism, things are constantly moving, what you see, what you dig, what you feel under your feet and your past history at this spot tells you what you need to do that day,.... at that beach.......

Old video..10 years ago..wow..
Very cool video. Beach had a slope and some surf. Targets seemed everywhere. Depending on your time , I would have probably been digging everything except the large signals. Could have been some masking going on there....but I couldn't really tell how long that beach was.

Well,
Follow me here.
Make sense.

That last comment of yours :roll: I have a pulse hunters mentality.. its not just about gold... if I wasn't hunting spots with as much ferrous targets I would be using a pulse now...

You notch out pennies you can notch out large 10k school rings and such... as to that chain any detector would have found it with a pendant and ring on it even Trident Viper :yes:

We know what we are doing here.... every detector I use I want to hear everything and will never notch out anything...

Soon Carter will be taking it out... that is what we are waiting for...

Carter and Gary are class acts they don't say a detector is junk or obsolete...

I edited this to show you its not all about gold for me.... I hunt spots with history because of my research... gold is great but I love the relic end of it... the ring is not gold if I notched out high numbers I wouldn't have found it... its a little orphan annie decoder ring I love it...

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/roa-little-orphan-annie-decoder-ring

Attachments

• IMG_1752 (1).jpg
    IMG_1752 (1).jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Very cool video. Beach had a slope and some surf. Targets seemed everywhere. Depending on your time , I would have probably been digging everything except the large signals. Could have been some masking going on there....but I couldn't really tell how long that beach was.

That video was painful to watch... :lol: I would never cherry pick... I used to smack Joe over at Find Mall he was hunting with the Excal and I was only using a pulse... those were the good old days...

If god had a detector, it would be an equinox. Enough of this Excal blasphemy!

Actually my smallest gold rings were found with my old modded excal. I don’t miss that machine though. Well, my shoulder doesn’t anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In your next life skip football in school then swinging won't be a hassle...:D

I'm going to venture out today gonna be warm 42 haven't seen that in a while... then deep freeze sets in again... tides are too late but I just want to se what happened at the spots I hunt...

That last comment of yours :roll: I have a pulse hunters mentality.. its not just about gold... if I wasn't hunting spots with as much ferrous targets I would be using a pulse now...

You notch out pennies you can notch out large 10k school rings and such... as to that chain any detector would have found it with a pendant and ring on it even Trident Viper :yes:

We know what we are doing here.... every detector I use I want to hear everything and will never notch out anything...

Soon Carter will be taking it out... that is what we are waiting for...

Carter and Gary are class acts they don't say a detector is junk or obsolete...

I edited this to show you its not all about gold for me.... I hunt spots with history because of my research... gold is great but I love the relic end of it... the ring is not gold if I notched out high numbers I wouldn't have found it... its a little orphan annie decoder ring I love it...

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/roa-little-orphan-annie-decoder-ring

Just remember.
I don’t think there’s been a multi frequency detector that can run using 40 kHz in beach mode.
On land use of 40 kHz can unmask and separate lower conductors out of ferrous better. And just not real small lower conductors either.

You mention your use of VLF due to lots of ferrous.
Well, I’ll bet Deus 2 unmask/ separates better in salt water and salt sand better than CTX, excal do.

Granted the detecting scenario on say a gold ring has to be there for deus 2 to shine.
Meaning one shouldn’t expect finds pouch be runneth over just because of Deus 2 use. But occasional extra gold ring find very possible.

Just remember.
I don’t think there’s been a multi frequency detector that can run using 40 kHz in beach mode.
On land use of 40 kHz can unmask and separate lower conductors out of ferrous better. And just not real small lower conductors either.

You mention your use of VLF due to lots of ferrous.
Well, I’ll bet Deus 2 unmask/ separates better in salt water and salt sand better than CTX, excal do.

Granted the detecting scenario on say a gold ring has to be there for deus 2 to shine.
Meaning one shouldn’t expect finds pouch be runneth over just because of Deus 2 use. But occasional extra gold ring find very possible.

Why are you pushing so hard on a detector?

Its just another possible tool in the tool box..

I have shown interest in the detector but that doesn't mean I will sell my other detectors they have found lots of gold and silver and relics over the years and they won't stop doing that...

I wanted to try the AQ... glad I waited... I'll do the same with this one...

Why are you pushing so hard on a detector?

Its just another possible tool in the tool box..

I have shown interest in the detector but that doesn't mean I will sell my other detectors they have found lots of gold and silver and relics over the years and they won't stop doing that...

I wanted to try the AQ... glad I waited... I'll do the same with this one...

I ain’t pushing no detector.
Deus 2 is released. It is beach capable it seems.
And is different animal of sorts too.

Unmasking and separation don’t get talked about when it comes to salt water hunting. Maybe now it will. There has to be some gold rings being masked by ferrous out there or even a bottle cap. Surely.

I ain’t pushing no detector.
Deus 2 is released. It is beach capable it seems.
And is different animal of sorts too.

Unmasking and separation don’t get talked about when it comes to salt water hunting. Maybe now it will. There has to be some gold rings being masked by ferrous out there or even a bottle cap. Surely.

I dirt hunt and all that is fine there... its not important to me at the beach... I want to hear it all and dig at it all... If I am on a clean beach I will use a pulse... been playing with the Nox on the wet it seems to perform well where I hunt...

I hunt in heavily ferrous laden area's with hot rocks and a green seaweed that gives amid-tone... its so special that seaweed :lol:

I don't hunt sand like CB had in his test hunt...

I'm going to show you what I hunt in... the sand granules a trifle larger than lets say Surfmasters sugar sand beaches.... This is my sandy beach... there is black sand, mud, rocks all the way to the target if I am lucky sometimes gravel... hunting inm this stuff I tore my menicus and strained my MCL's 2 years ago... I know better than to fill the holes with my leg like I used to... not interested in 26 weeks of rehab again...

Attachments

• IMG_1708.jpg
    IMG_1708.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 112
Not everyone has the patience to hunt small gold. Most I meet out there first off have their coil way to high off the sand to find it and they see that Long Beach and try to cover it all….. clearly looking for RING size targets rather they realize it or not. I’m as guilty as the next during recent drop times….. but this time of the year it’s just fun to me. In the salt water …. ain’t no machine doing much better than the Xcal in PP mode. Buy your machine based on what you are looking for. Most machines are getting 10” on rings on the beach for rings….. first come first serve there. Technique or even a pattern search like stop looking for coins or anything above a penny can help cover more beach …. But we like to just see what it is don’t we 😂. That’s the fun of detecting. If you are going to micro jewelry hunt IMO keep the coil on the sand and just dig gold range targets. It can be a game of deminished returns….. knowing you won’t get it all but planning to hunt a certain way for a given target every now and then.

I dirt hunt and all that is fine there... its not important to me at the beach... I want to hear it all and dig at it all... If I am on a clean beach I will use a pulse... been playing with the Nox on the wet it seems to perform well where I hunt...

I hunt in heavily ferrous laden area's with hot rocks and a green seaweed that gives amid-tone... its so special that seaweed :lol:

I don't hunt sand like CB had in his test hunt...

I'm going to show you what I hunt in... the sand granules a trifle larger than lets say Surfmasters sugar sand beaches.... This is my sandy beach... there is black sand, mud, rocks all the way to the target if I am lucky sometimes gravel... hunting inm this stuff I tore my menicus and strained my MCL's 2 years ago... I know better than to fill the holes with my leg like I used to... not interested in 26 weeks of rehab again...

What you need to do is find one of these in the rock piles you hunt.
Mercy mercy.
https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=3359674#post3359674

Back
Top Bottom