Turtle tag

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
Couple of hours on the dry sand today since its just to nasty to get in the water. Man i hate dry sand hunting. I managed some change a nice silver ring and a turtle tag. Should that be on my bucket list? Anyway contacted the U of F bio lab and they gave me the info to return the tag with some questions. Great guy right? Haaaa one side said REWARD...... pirate thru and thu.:laughing:

Attachments

• 20180815_130449.jpg
    20180815_130449.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
No good deed goes unpunished. Congrats on the tag... let us know what the reward is on the return. Where's the pic of the silver?? No pic it didn't happen

My sister found a tagged dead horseshoe crab when she was visiting. I sent the tag in and they mailed me a thank you paper,another paper that you can frame that showed where and when it was tagged, and a horseshoe crab hat pin made really nice.

I caught 3 tagged Pallid Sturgeon in the Mississippi River. The department of conservation was glad to get the tag info and sent me some nice formal letters in appreciation.

I caught 3 tagged Pallid Sturgeon in the Mississippi River. The department of conservation was glad to get the tag info and sent me some nice formal letters in appreciation.

Thats a story I'd like to hear in detail...what were you doing to go out catching sturgeon?..

Nice Turtle Tag snag there Dew! Thats the first Turtle tag I can remember being posted about!

I found a leg band off a Canadian Goose once, called it in and got a paper certificate of recognition plus the history of the tagging...Dry sanding is about as Awful as it gets! :laughing:

I would have to take a vacation if drysand was the only op...your tuffer then me.

I would have to take a vacation if drysand was the only op...your tuffer then me.

I have to agree. Up here the dry sand golf-swinging mafia would probably pop my tires and steal my lunch if I invaded their turf! :(

One of those things Joe...... this stuff is killing my hunting. I dont mind playing in the dry sand sometimes.... but i like it to be my idea. With the rain..... sand isnt fluffed either.

Heres your silver......

Attachments

• 20180816_143714.jpg
    20180816_143714.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 190
Red tide still in around your way?

Hope it clears by the time we get out there.

:dingding:That's special and reminds me of the pelican tag I found years ago and reported as well.

Doug....... yes. You know if its to nasty for me .... its pretty bad. Out by the sand bar the water looks really green...... near shore it looks like river black water. Just being down near the water for any length of time and it gets you coughing. Killing the in water hunting......... hard pan and no one in the water. Had a very low tide the other day 3 guys in the water so i did all the wet sand.... which was a lot Doug. Almost nothing except a few pieces of foil, pull tab and a few coins....... give ya the mumbles. Then the dry sands been flat even with the tractor we've had so much rain theres no fluff. Let us know when ya hit the beaches Doug.

Doug....... yes. You know if its to nasty for me .... its pretty bad. Out by the sand bar the water looks really green...... near shore it looks like river black water. Just being down near the water for any length of time and it gets you coughing. Killing the in water hunting......... hard pan and no one in the water. Had a very low tide the other day 3 guys in the water so i did all the wet sand.... which was a lot Doug. Almost nothing except a few pieces of foil, pull tab and a few coins....... give ya the mumbles. Then the dry sands been flat even with the tractor we've had so much rain theres no fluff. Let us know when ya hit the beaches Doug.

Thanks Dew, a few more weeks before we come out so I'm hoping the RT will have gone by then.

adda boy, take the reward and cash where ever you can,,,,,,,:lol:reminds me of the day you and I were in St Pete area and I almost kept the ladies small gold chain with her grandmothers junk pendent on it until she pulled out a twenty,,,,,,:laughing:,,,,,,even though I was going to give it back I hesitated,,,,

This red tide garbage needs to go away,,,,,,its a crying shame to see a dozen people on a Sunday afternoon and no one in the water,,,,,GL HH

Back
Top Bottom