Rhode Island "Pound the Ground" seeded hunt is on for October 2nd and 3rd!

FreeBirdTim

Elite Member
It was postponed last April, but the Rhode Island "Pound the Ground" seeded hunt is back on! Scheduled for October 2nd and 3rd in Saunderstown, RI.

Tickets purchased in April are still good for the event. They will be selling additional tickets for ONE DAY only on August 31st. I believe tickets are around $140, with fees.

Here's more info about this event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/304021220706604/

Wow that's a pretty steep admission fee. What ever happened to 20$ and bring your own yankee swap gift? :laughing: you would be lucky to break even at 20$, I cant imagine the finds coming anywhere close to 140$. I love seeded hunts, you know that Tim, but not sure I could justify dropping 140$ to the wife, with no guarantee of even winning anything :lol: I suppose I could sell some finds to get the money though 🤔 thanks for the heads up!

The price is high, but I'm mainly going for the non-seeded coins and relics. The house on the property was built in the late 1700's and there's around 16 acres of farmland to detect.

As for the seeded hunt, they published a list of all the coins they were seeding back in February and it was an impressive list. They spent over 5k on mostly silver coins, so they're worth a lot more than that now.

Here's the list of coins that are going to be seeded. Very impressive, especially since there's going to be fewer than 100 people at the Saturday event!

Attachments

• 88270171_832032243875747_7744235194747453440_o.jpg
    88270171_832032243875747_7744235194747453440_o.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 502
The price is high, but I'm mainly going for the non-seeded coins and relics. The house on the property was built in the late 1700's and there's around 16 acres of farmland to detect.

As for the seeded hunt, they published a list of all the coins they were seeding back in February and it was an impressive list. They spent over 5k on mostly silver coins, so they're worth a lot more than that now.

Here's the list of coins that are going to be seeded. Very impressive, especially since there's going to be fewer than 100 people at the Saturday event!

$140 for a “seeded” hunt? Yikes. I will stick to curb stripping for the unkown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$140 for a “seeded” hunt? Yikes. I will stick to curb stripping for the unkown

Don't blame you, but I'm pretty desperate for a good spot to detect. I bought my ticket in February, so that expense is out of the way for me.

The seeded hunt should be fun, but I'm thinking GW or Rev War USA buttons could be on this property. Maybe even a 1652 tree shilling! You never know what you're going to find here in RI.

Sounds promising. Go hit that back acres and find the “al natural” stuff. If you dont have much luck you can always go hit the seeded area like you said. Have you done any google earth scouting of property? Might help to hone in on some areas of the property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have checked out the property on Google Earth. Looks like 4 separate fields and some woods. Hopefully, the grass will be short and no corn fields!

If I remember correctly, I think they stated that we could also detect around the house and barn. That would be a great place to start and then worry about the seeded hunt later on.

Never understood the attraction of seeded hunts . All the fun for me is finding a site with coins and relics. And $140 bucks for stuff someone scatters around ? Rich for my blood.

Never understood the attraction of seeded hunts . All the fun for me is finding a site with coins and relics. And $140 bucks for stuff someone scatters around ? Rich for my blood.

I'm with ya on that, but hey people have fun and I'm sure half the fun is probably meeting new people interested in the same thing. Just not my cup of tea

The main draw for me is the fact that the home was built in the 1780's. I'll spend some time at the seeded hunt to grab a few big silvers, but I'm hoping to find a colonial shoe buckle or even some 1700's silver near the house. Could be a waste of money, but you never know...

Back
Top Bottom