Toggle switch boots for Sov GT

cmbtvet

Forum Supporter
I read somewhere that you can buy the toggle switch boots at an electronics store, I am assuming that Radio Shack should carry them.

My question is for any of you that have them on your machine. Is there a parts or model number for the boots or is it something you just have to look around for?

Also, if you have them on your machine can you post a pic so I can see what they look like?

Thanks in advance :)

I read somewhere that you can buy the toggle switch boots at an electronics store, I am assuming that Radio Shack should carry them.

My question is for any of you that have them on your machine. Is there a parts or model number for the boots or is it something you just have to look around for?

Also, if you have them on your machine can you post a pic so I can see what they look like?

cmbtvet try this site Dixie metal detectors.com

How are you liking your machine? I'm still thinking about getting one.

Here they are I was checking them in case I ever get this machine.

http://www.dixie-metal-detectors.com/dmd-cart/index.php?main_page=products_all&disp_order=2

How are you liking your machine? I'm still thinking about getting one.

I've had it almost a month now and this past Saturday was really the only chance I've had to use it. I've got a lot to learn with it but I am definitely liking it a lot!

Thats what I'm looking for but wow, those are kind of pricey! I guess $20 is a small amount to pay to protect an $800 machine though.

I think you can find them at mouser or allied electronics fairly cheap. What you have is called a mini switch and they are very common in electronics, look for mini switch boot. If either co. doesn't carry them look to the marine suppliers, I have bought many waterproof items from them.

Thats what I was thinking.
The trouble is with application specific products is that they jack up the price so high it is unfair. I
I went to an auto parts store looking for a seal for my VW and it was 15 dollars, I then went to a seal and bearing store and it was 5 dollars.
I still would like to source the aluminum tubing for making a strait shaft for my detector.

Thats what I was thinking.
The trouble is with application specific products is that they jack up the price so high it is unfair. I
I went to an auto parts store looking for a seal for my VW and it was 15 dollars, I then went to a seal and bearing store and it was 5 dollars.
I still would like to source the aluminum tubing for making a strait shaft for my detector.

Very true, as soon as a "brand name" is added or "suitable for" its best to look elsewhere.

"I still would like to source the aluminum tubing for making a strait shaft for my detector."

Very simple answer to that is to visit your nearest scrap/junk yard, you'll be amazed what on offer--all very cheap!

I there a parts #?

Is there a generic parts number for the full or half boot?:?: I know there are different makers.

Just google (toggle switch boot seal) and a ton of places come up. Grainger even has ones that the switch arm goes through that would work well with the square ended switches. Good luck!

Yes they come up everywhere but the trick is finding the correct size and at a reasonable price. I looked for months until I found a good reliable source that actually fit the toggle switches.
Just google (toggle switch boot seal) and a ton of places come up. Grainger even has ones that the switch arm goes through that would work well with the square ended switches. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom