seti@home...

zander10

Elite Member
hi,

i just installed seti@home bionic application that crunches seti data in the background using spare cycles on my computer. it is realy cool! it also kicks in a screen saver too. (seti@home helps look for alien signals from outer space)

does anyone want to start a 'team' to do this? we can start a metal detector 'team' where we compeat to contribute more cycles to the project than other teams.

i don't think there is one for metal detectors. we can start one.

here is the link...
http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/index.php

I ran something similar to this at the turn of the century that was from Oxford University. I don’t remember the exact name, maybe Computational Chemistry? But, it searched for cures to smallpox, anthrax, and cancer; after the project was completed, it changed to World Community Grid, and I ran that for awhile. It used to slow down my old Pentium l 350 MHz even running in the background; I guess it used more ram than my computer could spare.

yeah this one is crashing now because of an error in the microsoft runtime library. typical of microsoft stuff.:mad:

Seems kinda neat. When I was in High School I was part of a pilot program called Computers in Space, where from our classrooms in Connecticut, we could control the 'scopes in Berkley, CA so we could calculate sizes and distances of celesital objects. Was pretty neat.

Seems kinda neat. When I was in High School I was part of a pilot program called Computers in Space, where from our classrooms in Connecticut, we could control the 'scopes in Berkley, CA so we could calculate sizes and distances of celesital objects. Was pretty neat.

yeah seti@home is neat programme. and i did send the error report to m****s**t. perhaps they will fix it soon. berkely has the number one computer science program in the country plus the error message clearly states it is a m****s**t pro'lem.:(

Back
Top Bottom