• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

What State in USA has the most silver coins in the ground?

TN_INDIAN

Forum Supporter
I say Pa is loaded with silver coins but why? Here in Tn silver seems to be rare but we still have some.Did people up north have more money bak in the day or what?Thanks in advance guys!!

I'm in alaska... no luck too new... althouggh gold is plentyful if your willing to get it... detectible i have not found yet.

I'm in alaska... no luck too new... althouggh gold is plentyful if your willing to get it... detectible i have not found yet.

Like gold rings or Gold Gold? And how new are ya and what detector u use up there?

We started out with 13 colonies in the northeast, the rest was considered 'frontier' land. The colonies were where the more modern, civilized folks lived and thrived. Farmers, ranchers, and such, didn't carry a lot of money, often traded stuff that was needed, in exchange for stuff they wanted. Coin and cash, are symbols, not very tasty or useful by themselves. Took a while, before everyone was a short walk away from some place to spend money.

I say Pa is loaded with silver coins but why? Here in Tn silver seems to be rare but we still have some.Did people up north have more money bak in the day or what?Thanks in advance guys!!

Simple answer is that anywhere that had a larger population before say 1950 is more likely to have silver than another place. With a mint in Philly that area would have had a great amount of chance for coins to be dropped .... but New Orleans had a mint then too. Just goes back to show that you can't find silver everywhere ... but it can be anywhere.

Simple answer is that anywhere that had a larger population before say 1950 is more likely to have silver than another place. With a mint in Philly that area would have had a great amount of chance for coins to be dropped .... but New Orleans had a mint then too. Just goes back to show that you can't find silver everywhere ... but it can be anywhere.

Thanks you just gave me a SUPER new idea about where to hunt! THANKS! Buts its gonna take guts to ask permission. I live outside of town where still today just farmers and was a bunch of schools and churches around bak in the day 40s and 50s and them 2 has been my main hunting places. But now if I go to town I can tell some houses has to be least in the 1890s and up. This year im gonna grow some and once everyone starts working in there yard close to spring im gonna go door knocking. maybe offer to help with there yard. Lot of the old tymers around here believes in trades like that.I believe that's the only way im gonna ever get my standing liberty quarter r half dollar. Its gonna be good this year people I feel it. Gonna get a decent cam to video all hunts as well. Thanks again for the idea.. Thanks again for the idea!

Connecticut

Rich people reside there. Always been that way.

its tough out here in west tn. Lot of poor people bak in the day and still is. But I have a few ideas to try this spring in town. I mean im finding silver just not boat loads. Many many wheats around here.

I'm going to vote New York. Early settlement, relatively large New England State, large population, and lots of restrictions around NYC where a lot of coins have probably been dropped and are probably still in the ground where they will probably stay.
Just a thought.

Like gold rings or Gold Gold? And how new are ya and what detector u use up there?

I use the MXT Pro i have been detecting for about 4 years... and i'm talking gold gold... around my place its usually not detectable..

I am going to detect a gold mine this year... might find something there.

i have gold in my yard because there used to be a river flowing through.. i found 1 spot that might get better gold... other than that its flour gold.

this is stuff i found by panning (in the vile with the black lid).

SANY0843.JPG

The north East is great for relics and coins. It's easy to find 1700's and 1800's stone walls simply by looking right off the highway.

Hey BentRod New York is not a New England state .. We New Englander's take that as a insult!!

I can tell you that OK is NOT in running for most silver coins. Most of the state wasn't settled until the 1890s, and most of the settlers were dirt farmers who had very little money.

I found 90 silver coins last year and that's a very rare feat here.

I use the MXT Pro i have been detecting for about 4 years... and i'm talking gold gold... around my place its usually not detectable..

I am going to detect a gold mine this year... might find something there.

i have gold in my yard because there used to be a river flowing through.. i found 1 spot that might get better gold... other than that its flour gold.

this is stuff i found by panning (in the vile with the black lid).

SANY0843.JPG

AWESOME man now that is INTERESTING place there. How many ounces u have there?

Back
Top Bottom