• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

First Seated Dime

ynnek4

Hi,

I popped this out some weeks back. It was coming up like a Indian-Copper penny (with Nox). I totally did not expect it (isn't that always the case!?). Site dates back to 1907. The silver at this site tend to come out very toasted. It is a bit smooth and wiped but I will take it. Found within 10 feet of a Barber quarter I found a year and a half ago (https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=255789). Now if I could only find my first Barber dime!

Happy hunting.

JUDVE7713.jpg

IMG-3927.jpg

Nice find. Congrats on the seated.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Only have three half dimes I’m slightly envious but happy for you the same Time

Seated coins are not easy no matter where or who. Congrats on digging your first. I hope there are more in your future along with that elusive Barber Dime. Trapper

In six years of metal detecting, I've found two seated half dimes, but never found a seated dime. Not an easy find! Congrats!

Congrats on your first Seated!

You'll never forget that find, trust me on this one.
Thanks a lot and you are absolutely right!
Nice find. Congrats on the seated.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Thanks!
nice to find your first Seated Silver!
You can’t beat the feeling seeing something round (and with a patina) tumble out of a shovel full of dirt!
Excellent recovery! Congrats
Much appreciated!
Youre in the seated club now. Wish I was.:cool3:
Thanks! I think the trick is never thinking about what you want to find or what is on your bucket list and then you usually find it.😁. Never thought I would find one to even have it on my list.
Nice seated, congrats on your first!!!
Thanks!
Nice find....congrats!
Thanks!
Congrats on that sweet find!
Thanks!
Only have three half dimes I’m slightly envious but happy for you the same Time
Thanks! Well, the three halves equal one dime pretty much😁. Wow, three half dimes is impressive.
Beautiful coin and congrats!!!
Thanks a lot!
Good find, the Barber will come.
I hope so! I know there has to be one around that area. Hopefully not as toasted! 😁
Congrats on your first seated! :woot: It may be a little toasted, but that is a really cool find. :cool3:
Thanks! I am very happy with it even with it’s “toasted-ness.”
congrats on your 1st seated :D
Thanks!
Seated coins are not easy no matter where or who. Congrats on digging your first. I hope there are more in your future along with that elusive Barber Dime. Trapper
Thanks a lot! It feels good to cross it off. I plan on going back to this location in the coming weeks to find that Barber. Ha.
Congratulations! Nice coin!
Thanks!
Nice, well done!
Thank you.
That's so awesome congrats!!
Thank you!
In six years of metal detecting, I've found two seated half dimes, but never found a seated dime. Not an easy find! Congrats!
Congrats on the half dimes! It was so unexpected!

Back
Top Bottom