• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

After Reading About My Yesterday's Hunt; You're Not Going To Believe This

beephead

Elite Member
Yesterday I was whining about targets that I thought should have been a silver halves and turned out to be something different. Today I dug what I thought was going to be a clad quarter and it turns out to be a Walking Liberty Silver Half Dollar. Go Figure! I told you that I was due a Silver Half!

On a good note, I only dug one piece of trash. My one and only wheat penny was a 1919 that I recovered from under a mass of Magnolia roots. I like detecting around Magnolia trees because they seem to attract good targets, but recovery is hell. Oh yeah, the unusual looking ring was a eyeball find.

The master plan today was to hunt the older areas to give my knees a rest, since I wouldn't be digging so much. Instead, I swung so much looking for targets that I put a crick in my shoulder. I think I'll give it rest from detecting tomorrow. LOL

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_0235.jpg
    IMG_0235.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 806
  • IMG_0236.jpg
    IMG_0236.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 778
  • IMG_0237.jpg
    IMG_0237.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 751
  • IMG_0239.jpg
    IMG_0239.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 795
  • IMG_0240.jpg
    IMG_0240.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 778
Last edited:
That's so awesome Beep! Congrats. Don't you wonder who loses these things and how it happened? I understand pennies, nickels, dimes, even quarters to a certain degree as they were all commonly-carried coins, but the half dollars always make me wonder. Nice find man, she looks like a beaut too!

Awesome hunt, I remember you saying that you were way over due for one! And one trash item is astounding, I dug up 10lbs yesterday! :lol:

Saaaaweeet big silver, congrats!
Thanks! It really surprised me today when it popped out of the ground.

Nice hunt Beep! That half sure didn't see much circulation before being lost, she's a beauty. Congrats!
Thanks! I like finding them like that.

WOW beep, nice finds. Congratulations and Thanks for sharing.

Sweet half you dug there.
Thanks! When I first saw the rim, it put a big smile on my face.

That's so awesome Beep! Congrats. Don't you wonder who loses these things and how it happened? I understand pennies, nickels, dimes, even quarters to a certain degree as they were all commonly-carried coins, but the half dollars always make me wonder. Nice find man, she looks like a beaut too!
I remember back when store clerks were trying to pass off those halves and nobody wanting them. Back in the day, a half dollar would buy you 10 cokes or 10 hand dipped ice cream cones. That was a lot to lose.

Very cool! Nice job buddy.
Thanks! I never get tired of seeing silver and gold pop out the hole.

Awesome hunt, I remember you saying that you were way over due for one! And one trash item is astounding, I dug up 10lbs yesterday! :lol:
Thanks! It seems like every time that I do that, I get what I want. I should have been wanting a Barber Half or a Seated. I'm past due! LOL

Congrats on great find
Thanks! It made my day.

I can't picture that wired ring on a finger !!!
It fits nicely and lays flat against the finger. The large end goes on first. My wife looked at it and say that it means something, but she doesn't know what. Witchcraft maybe?

The Walker is a beautiful coin !!! Congrats on the big silver !!
Thanks! I was past due.

Whoa, thats a super nice half! Apparently you were due!
Thanks! I have to be careful what I wish for.

Congrats on the very nice Walker! She's in outstanding shape!
Thanks! How someone loses something like that is beyond me.

beephead

Nice score!
I wonder how far it is from Milwaukee to Germantown, TN?
24" of frost in teh grouind here, our club needs a road trip!

Back
Top Bottom