wireless headphones????

wvdave107

Elite Member
Any advice on wireless headphones of a good quality? I have an AT Pro and I am currently using the stock headphones that came with it. They are working just fine for me, but I'd like to cut the cord, so to speak, at some point. Any suggestions/ advice is much appreciated....HH to all!!!

You have two options: get the Z-Lynk transmitter and a pair of Garret's new MS-3 wireless headphones (which are pretty spendy, depending on your budget, at $100 or so, and then another $60 for the transmitter), or you can get a Bluetooth module, the headphone cord adapter, and whichever Bluetooth headphones or earbuds you like.

For the Bluetooth module, I can personally recommend this unit:

TaoTronics Bluetooth 4.1 Transmitter / Receiver, Wireless 3.5mm Audio Adapter (aptX Low Latency, Pair 2 At Once, For TV / Car Sound System, Volume Control) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IV1H1ME/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ERx1zb6RECVV9

As for Bluetooth headphones, if you want actual headphones as opposed to something in-ear, these have gotten really good reviews:

Mpow H2 Bluetooth Headphones w/ 4 Equalizer Modes, Both Wired & Wireless Headphones On Ear, HiFi EQ Headphones Bluetooth Headset with Mic for Cellphone/PC, 13-Hour Wireless Use https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075DDXFJH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_wTx1zbY3VM328

The headphone connector piece is actually the most expensive piece for going the DIY Bluetooth route. But even then, the total spent is still less than the Z-Lynk transmitter and headphones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice set-up with one problem tho. Your transmitter has the required apt-x low latency. Unfortunately your headphones are not. Both transmitter and receiver MUST be apt-x low latency or you WILL hear the delay.

Nice set-up with one problem tho. Your transmitter has the required apt-x low latency. Unfortunately your headphones are not. Both transmitter and receiver MUST be apt-x low latency or you WILL hear the delay.

Check again, they're atpx. In fact I picked a transmitter without it before I knew it was a thing. My target recovery time went to poop so I got a new transmitter and it was fixed.

Check again, they're atpx. In fact I picked a transmitter without it before I knew it was a thing. My target recovery time went to poop so I got a new transmitter and it was fixed.

If you go on CSR's website, the company that developed the technology, it better explains it. There is apt-x and apt-x low latency. There is a big difference between the two. Your transmitter is apt-x low latency. Your headphones are regular apt-x. Because your headphones are not low latency it will only receive at regular apt-x speed.I spent alot of time and wasted money on this a couple years ago. I couldn't stand the delay untill I finally figured out the problem.

If you go on CSR's website, the company that developed the technology, it better explains it. There is apt-x and apt-x low latency. There is a big difference between the two. Your transmitter is apt-x low latency. Your headphones are regular apt-x. Because your headphones are not low latency it will only receive at regular apt-x speed.I spent alot of time and wasted money on this a couple years ago. I couldn't stand the delay untill I finally figured out the problem.

I never looked for low latency apt-x so you may be right there.

However, with what I have posted in the links I can't tell the difference between my wireless setup and my wired headphones. With my other transmitter I would get tone about 1/2 a second behind the target.

I have a few sets of Bose Bluetooth headphones. The QC30s are pretty new so I'll check if they use low latency apt-x. If so, while I don't like to use them while digging in the mud I'll give them a try later today and let you know if I can tell the difference with them.

If there not low latency I'll have to take your word for it that thing could be better. But like my wife says, if you've never had chocolate you don't crave chocolate and apples are sweet enough.

ETA: No apt-x on the Bose headphones.

I never looked for low latency apt-x so you may be right there.

However, with what I have posted in the links I can't tell the difference between my wireless setup and my wired headphones. With my other transmitter I would get tone about 1/2 a second behind the target.

I have a few sets of Bose Bluetooth headphones. The QC30s are pretty new so I'll check if they use low latency apt-x. If so, while I don't like to use them while digging in the mud I'll give them a try later today and let you know if I can tell the difference with them.

If there not low latency I'll have to take your word for it that thing could be better. But like my wife says, if you've never had chocolate you don't crave chocolate and apples are sweet enough.

ETA: No apt-x on the Bose headphones.
It looks like yout sert-up is working out good either way. If you can notice no delay anyway you are good to go! I like the earbud idea you have, so much cooler in the heat Great job!

I was looking for a wireless option for the AT Pro also and decided it was just more trouble than it's worth. I have a set of Gray Ghost heaphones and they work great, but in Arizona they can be a bit heavy and hot. Then, I found a set of fairly cheap wired ear buds with a little volume control dial made onto the wire/cable. They work great, allow volume control and are feather light. Just another option to consider instead of messing with a blue tooth transmitter adapter etc. Cheap on Amazon or Ebay.

I was looking for a wireless option for the AT Pro also and decided it was just more trouble than it's worth. I have a set of Gray Ghost heaphones and they work great, but in Arizona they can be a bit heavy and hot. Then, I found a set of fairly cheap wired ear buds with a little volume control dial made onto the wire/cable. They work great, allow volume control and are feather light. Just another option to consider instead of messing with a blue tooth transmitter adapter etc. Cheap on Amazon or Ebay.

I'm using the stocks that came with the machine...If the cord was longer I'd be happy. I can deal with the cord just wish I had a little more play when I set my ATP down. Maybe an extension of some sort????

If you're going wireless, do yourself a favor and forget bluetooth all together.
Even the low latency has lag. If you're hunting a trashy area with a machine with fast recovery that lag will drive you crazy and put all targets a few inches off.

If you're machine doesn't have a proprietary solution, go with Garrett ZLink, Deteknix, or an FM transmit/receive solution.

You have two options: get the Z-Lynk transmitter and a pair of Garret's new MS-3 wireless headphones (which are pretty spendy, depending on your budget, at $100 or so, and then another $60 for the transmitter), or you can get a Bluetooth module, the headphone cord adapter, and whichever Bluetooth headphones or earbuds you like.

For the Bluetooth module, I can personally recommend this unit:

TaoTronics Bluetooth 4.1 Transmitter / Receiver, Wireless 3.5mm Audio Adapter (aptX Low Latency, Pair 2 At Once, For TV / Car Sound System, Volume Control) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IV1H1ME/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ERx1zb6RECVV9

As for Bluetooth headphones, if you want actual headphones as opposed to something in-ear, these have gotten really good reviews:

Mpow H2 Bluetooth Headphones w/ 4 Equalizer Modes, Both Wired & Wireless Headphones On Ear, HiFi EQ Headphones Bluetooth Headset with Mic for Cellphone/PC, 13-Hour Wireless Use https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075DDXFJH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_wTx1zbY3VM328

The headphone connector piece is actually the most expensive piece for going the DIY Bluetooth route. But even then, the total spent is still less than the Z-Lynk transmitter and headphones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I actually bought this set up and a pair of headphones for my sport and I love it so far. For like 65 bucks I got transmitter and headphones. No noticable lag, and i hunt the most iron infested sites out there.

If you're going wireless, do yourself a favor and forget bluetooth all together.
Even the low latency has lag. If you're hunting a trashy area with a machine with fast recovery that lag will drive you crazy and put all targets a few inches off.

If you're machine doesn't have a proprietary solution, go with Garrett ZLink, Deteknix, or an FM transmit/receive solution.

Lies. I have this transmitter for my sport. no lag noticed and i hunt iron infested untouched cellar holes.

I'm using the stocks that came with the machine...If the cord was longer I'd be happy. I can deal with the cord just wish I had a little more play when I set my ATP down. Maybe an extension of some sort????

An extension is an easy fix then. Cheap too. Of you go with wired earbuds with a volume control the small lighter longer cable is nice and extensions if needed for the earbud cables are readily available. All you need is a 3.5mm to 1/4in plug adapter to plug it in to your detector.

Lies. I have this transmitter for my sport. no lag noticed and i hunt iron infested untouched cellar holes.

You likely have a slow swing speed, the MX Sport has slow separation, or you just don't notice. Congrats on saving a few bucks though.

wvdave107,
Don't believe just me, or just tpmetal. Do your own research and see.

Here's a link from another site. Ignore the talk of lizard people.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?18,2377384,page=2

You likely have a slow swing speed, the MX Sport has slow separation, or you just don't notice. Congrats on saving a few bucks though.

wvdave107,
Don't believe just me, or just tpmetal. Do your own research and see.

Here's a link from another site. Ignore the talk of lizard people.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?18,2377384,page=2

Maybe? I'll check it out tonight with some air tests and see. I could possibly be a bit off then just get back on target when i'm pin pointing? Also what do you mean sport has slow seperation?

If you can detect a lag with apt-x LOW LATENCY then you truly have the
reaction time of superman, otherwise feel free to go with a high price Garrett or Deteknix set-up. Or an FM set-up that sounds like !!!!.

Back
Top Bottom