• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

My beach...the tease

SalemScott

Forum Supporter
Yep, my beach is a tease. All she would have to do is cut me off for a couple of hunts and I could just take a break from her but nope, she's gotta give me just enough to keep me interested. Tonight I decided to do a short hunt in hopes of finding that elusive gold. I worked a pretty small area, which unfortunately is very trashy. I didn't get gold but I did pull a standing liberty quarter. I've only found 3 of these in my life, all from this beach and all within the past 6 months. I'm also including a pic of a statue I found at this beach months ago. I don't believe I've ever posted it before so if I have I apologize. It now sits on my kitchen windowsill to greet me every morning. I swear I'm taking tomorrow off.........I think.:p

Tonight's soundtrack, Stevie Ray Vaughan...Little Wing.

P1060004.JPG

oK-a7u_80o1_WlVi3hDkJ19vMJKSSdlE3ALPObh1_DQ=w728-h747-no

P1060002.JPG

I haven't seen one of those hindu elephant statues in a while. Used to have one myself. :yes:

It is a statue of Ganesha, also spelled Ganesa, also known as Ganapati or Vinayaka. It is a widely worshipped deity in the Hindu religion.

Ganesha is widely revered as the remover of obstacles and the patron of arts and sciences. Devotees believe that if Ganesha is propitiated, he grants success, prosperity and protection against adversity.

Finally, you might be interested to know why you found the statue on the beach. An annual festival honors Ganesha for ten days, starting on Ganesha Chaturthi, which typically falls in late August or early September. The festival begins with people bringing in clay idols of Ganesha, symbolising Ganesha's visit. The festival culminates on the day of Ananta Chaturdashi, when idols of Ganesha are immersed in the most convenient body of water. Yours wound up getting washed up on the beach.

I haven't seen one of those hindu elephant statues in a while. Used to have one myself. :yes:

It is a statue of Ganesha, also spelled Ganesa, also known as Ganapati or Vinayaka. It is a widely worshipped deity in the Hindu religion.

Ganesha is widely revered as the remover of obstacles and the patron of arts and sciences. Devotees believe that if Ganesha is propitiated, he grants success, prosperity and protection against adversity.

Maybe he will help Scott remove some golden obstacles? Or maybe he will remove some trashy iron obstacles so he can find more gold?

Anyway wish you luck in finding gold there. It must be hiding somewhere.

Finally, you might be interested to know why you found the statue on the beach. An annual festival honors Ganesha for ten days, starting on Ganesha Chaturthi, which typically falls in late August or early September. The festival begins with people bringing in clay idols of Ganesha, symbolising Ganesha's visit. The festival culminates on the day of Ananta Chaturdashi, when idols of Ganesha are immersed in the most convenient body of water. Yours wound up getting washed up on the beach.

That's very interesting!! I like that :)

R.I.P. SRV... Gotta love the way he played.

Back
Top Bottom