San Francisco Bay Area

Jberen52

Hello
Anyone know of any good locations in the SF Bay Area to detect?
Im new to the hobby and would appreciate any information

Welcome to the forum! Gee I haven't been to San Francisco in a long time.

I would think heading to the beaches in Marin County would be a good idea?

Welcome.
I would think the park used during SF earthquake of 1906. It was made into a city for many of the survivors, I think its golden gate park?
Maybe its off limits to detecting though.
Also try area`s around the park as they too were used as well, Just be sure its OK to detect. I would just read the signs.
Good luck out there.

Welcome from Kansas. Midway U.S.A.
I've never been there but with its history, it should be a gold mine of sites to hit. Probably a very good chance of finding some gold coins too.

The east bay area. San Ramon to be exact
I'm about an hour south of you. I've hunted most of the Walnut Creek parks, but have never found anything but clad.

If you're ever headed down my way, give me a PM. I know the south bay area pretty well.

I'm about an hour south of you. I've hunted most of the Walnut Creek parks, but have never found anything but clad.

If you're ever headed down my way, give me a PM. I know the south bay area pretty well.

Awesome! Thank you

WELCOME! I an "over the hill" from Lowjiber in Santa Cruz, hit mostly the beach!:cool: Try Golden Gate Park if you get into the City. Also that California site mentioned, Kinzli's, will give you some local info!

I would suggest Marin County beaches too.

Use to follow the Grateful Dead and Jerry Garcia Band around and San Fran was always my fav city.

Welcome from Whistler BC Canada.

New to MDing and live in SF.

I live in San Francisco and I just got my 2 new MDs this past week. (One for me and one for a freind).

So far, we went to the beach by the Sunset and I went over to Golden Gate Park for a bit. So far, my count is 29 cents, a dog tag, and a 50 cent Euro.

It would be fun to go out with a newbie sometime if you wanted to meet up. The park was a fun place to go.

The only think I need to know more about is the laws here. I heard some people (who sounded persnickerdy and like they would call me in) say that "My he is digging some DEEP holes." Then later, I looked up and there were a couple of cops on horses. They didn't approach me, but I got out of there just in case. Didn't want to give them a reason to take my new 50 cent Euro!!!

My email address is [email protected] if you ever want to go out together with me and my partner. We live right next to GG Park.

Have you watched videos about appropriate plug cutting and restoration? No one should be able to tell you were even there standing 5 feet away from it if it's in sod. What are you using to dig plugs? I would have reservations about running around with a Lesche in SF.
Try something less conspicuous like the Sawtooth Gator http://www.amazon.com/Sawtooth-Digger-Metal-Detector-Digging/dp/B004QIJUDK Something even smaller would be better.
I would also look into a coin popping tool, brass probe, and Garret PP so you can get most targets with almost no visible digging even during target recovery.

I couldn't find anything specific on the City of San Francisco's website, but I did find this post on the White's forum about metal detecting being allowed in Golden Gate Park. http://forums.whiteselectronics.com...lden-Gate-Park-vs-Golden-Gate-Recreation-Area

Being careful, neat, and respectful is most of the battle.

I live in San Francisco and I just got my 2 new MDs this past week. (One for me and one for a freind).

So far, we went to the beach by the Sunset and I went over to Golden Gate Park for a bit. So far, my count is 29 cents, a dog tag, and a 50 cent Euro.

It would be fun to go out with a newbie sometime if you wanted to meet up. The park was a fun place to go.

The only think I need to know more about is the laws here. I heard some people (who sounded persnickerdy and like they would call me in) say that "My he is digging some DEEP holes." Then later, I looked up and there were a couple of cops on horses. They didn't approach me, but I got out of there just in case. Didn't want to give them a reason to take my new 50 cent Euro!!!

My email address is [email protected] if you ever want to go out together with me and my partner. We live right next to GG Park.

Welcome from another East Bayer :D I work in Livermore and live In Union City. I'm relatively new and have hunted some areas in Niles Canyon and Lake Elizabeth in Fremont. I do plan to hit the beaches in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom