Last 2 Hunts: 2 Friendly Encounters and My 1st Class Ring?

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
SUNDAY’S HUNT:
I went out on a planned afternoon hunt with fellow FMDF member TheKrustyClad. It was our 1st hunt together of I’m sure more to follow. I took him to my SUPER SECRET hunting spot on South Beach. :roll::lol: We both were out there with our Excals hunting what we both agreed were sanded in conditions for about 4.5 hours. Unfortunately his recent gold prowess did not rub off on me and it seems I must’ve given him bad luck as neither of us scored the good stuff. However, it was great to go out on a hunt and share experiences and stories with him. (We’ll get the yellow next time Krusty! :yes:)

MONDAY’S HUNT:

Although conditions were calm, it seemed all the offshore winds of the past few days did was to make conditions even much more sanded in. This time I took out Noxy and it was a lot of silence throughout most of the hunt (Well not really since that thing is noisier than my wife!) At the 3 hour point of my hunt I ran into BlingDigger’s husband Mark and we chatted for quite a bit before continuing on our pirate ways. I decided I was going to call it quits nearing the 4 hour mark so I got closer to shore to dry up and hit a little interesting patch about 5' from the shore where some PT’s showed up. I decided to work this area a bit and that when what I thought was to be my 1st class ring showed up! Although it sounded good I knew that by Noxy’s numbers indicated that it probably wasn’t gold. When I got to the car and put on my reading glasses I saw the United States Army on the top of the ring and all the other writing. I sent pictures of the ring to the JROTC Major at my school and he believes it’s a “basic training” graduation ring. There’s a name on the inside of the ring so I will be getting this back to our soldier hopefully soon. I’m pretty sure the ring is stainless as the silver acid test didn’t pan out. Last year, I found a 14K gold Freemason’s ring thinking it was a class ring and now this. I find it hard to believe that I have found those and have yet to find a regular old high school class ring so go figure?! I will be offering updates on my upcoming ring return.

UPDATE: Forgot to mention that the Major believes the "2/47th" on the ring stands for 2nd Battalion - 47th Infantry Brigade.

Attachments

• 9-9-18.jpg
    9-9-18.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 690
  • 9-10-18.jpg
    9-10-18.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 623
  • 9-10-18 Ring (1).jpg
    9-10-18 Ring (1).jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 633
  • 9-10-18 Ring (2).jpg
    9-10-18 Ring (2).jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 621
  • 9-10-18 Ring (3).jpg
    9-10-18 Ring (3).jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 635
Last edited:
Noice! I'll take the fishing spoon.:laughing: Still a cool ring and I'm sure a guy(or gal) will be happy with getting it back soon!

That's a wild looking ring for sure!

One thing I have found on targets at the beach, some places just don't seem to have those types/culture of people. This year I found a great spot with several class rings but not one religious medallion.. Seems the age group at this spot just never wore or believed? Never has this happened at any of the spots I've hunted in the bay.

I wish you the best on your bucket lister!

Just guessing it is celestrium which is a fancy word for stainless
Probably some cr^p like that! It actually had developed a yellowish tone before I polished it with Bar Keeper's Friend. Herff Jones calls their cr^ppy junk ring "ultrium". What they charge students for that is robbery.

Most posts who have new recruits sell a lot of those ......whoooooaaa new age metal rings. Always fun to hunt with some of the guys on the forum. You get to share information and tell some war stories.:lol:

Thats a sweet class ring and congrats on your first. Its an odd one for sure but I like it. Very cool. I still dont understand why people go swimming with those big rings on!

I have found two class rings this year. Both of them made of Junk Metal. Jostens is making rings out of Lustrium. The first one had been lost for two years and belonged to the daughter of a gentleman I worked with for nearly 14 years. The other one was lost the day before I found it. The guy who lost it was shocked when I called him and asked if he wanted it back.

Seriously, in all the time you've been doing this, and how many good things you find, you've never found a class ring? That's just crazy talk!!! ;)

Nice one, congrats!

Nice capture Felix. I have found a class ring from the town high school next city over. It has his name and he lives in the same city I live in. I've called, no answer. I mailed him a note twice and no response. Hope you have better luck.

Back
Top Bottom