Second time out and score

2PawsRiver

Watched a few more videos, learned about ground balance, found a few coins, then our first treasure. 20181102_204136.jpg20181102_204157.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Heck yeah! good to see you're digging mid tones and not just the high ones...cool stuff can be found digging mid tones. …..and a million pull tabs and shotgun shells :lol: Really nice nickel; I'd take that over a silver Roosevelt in a heartbeat!

Heck yeah! good to see you're digging mid tones and not just the high ones...cool stuff can be found digging mid tones. …..and a million pull tabs and shotgun shells :lol: Really nice nickel; I'd take that over a silver Roosevelt in a heartbeat!

Right now we pretty much dig everything........pull tabs, bottle tops, nails, you name it.....good practice. I still need work on the detecting, but I am darn good with the plug.

Watched a youtube video where you lay a rag next to the target, cut the hole, lay the plug on the rag, any loose dirt goes on the rag....find the target put the loose dirt down and put the plug back....pat it out even....property owner came out and watched for a bit and really appreciated taking care to leave things looking untouched.

Right now we pretty much dig everything........pull tabs, bottle tops, nails, you name it.....good practice. I still need work on the detecting, but I am darn good with the plug.

Watched a youtube video where you lay a rag next to the target, cut the hole, lay the plug on the rag, any loose dirt goes on the rag....find the target put the loose dirt down and put the plug back....pat it out even....property owner came out and watched for a bit and really appreciated taking care to leave things looking untouched.

Definitely a good idea when it's a well manicured lawn. One of the nice things about autumn field hunting on old home sites....no plug control!!

Back
Top Bottom