Hanging up my detector, and picking up my camera

The thing is Gary, when you start buying lots of really expensive camera
gear, you really need to make it pay for itself.
I'm not sure if I could ever have been a professional photographer. I imagine it can be quite stressful.

That's why I like how I was able to do the green screen as a hobby, my smartphone has a really good built in camera, the software was free, and the green screen was only $19.99, so obviously I'm not professional by any means, and likely most of what I do is just for fun as a hobby, but there's always the chance that occasionally someone might want a special effects :shock: photo or video that they would be glad to pay for :lol: and will more practice even the modest equipment I use could make special effects photos and videos that might look almost as good as what is made with much more expensive equipment.

But you're right, I wouldn't want the stress of being a professional photographer where you depended on it for bill paying income, but as a hobby if someone occasionally wanted to pay for a photo or video I would make sure they were pleased with the results before paying and since it would just be for extra pocket money there is no stress.

I'm waiting for delivery of another lens.

The Tamron 18-400mm, it's had very good reviews.

I just can't help myself :)

I'm waiting for delivery of another lens.

The Tamron 18-400mm, it's had very good reviews.

I just can't help myself :)

Congrats Alan ! .....should feel like Christmas in September when you get it :present: :lol:

That is some lens, one customer review on Amazon said ".....I can just take this lens and go. No more carrying multiple lenses. It is surprisingly crisp even at 400mm. The VC works great and auto focus seems pretty quick."

Some of the reviewers included photos they took with that lens, here is the page so you can see for yourself -

https://www.amazon.com/Tamron-18-400mm-3-5-6-3-Digital-Warranty/dp/B072YV3G2N

Here is the lens itself -
Tamron 18-400mm.jpg

Thanks Gary, It arrived today and I've had a quick play with it.
I will take it outdoors once it stops raining :)

On my crop sensor camera it becomes a 27-600. I'm keen to find out
how good the stabilization is at max zoom.

Thanks Gary, It arrived today and I've had a quick play with it.
I will take it outdoors once it stops raining :)

On my crop sensor camera it becomes a 27-600. I'm keen to find out
how good the stabilization is at max zoom.

We'll be looking forward to seeing some photos taken with your new lens when you get a chance !

(make sure to share at least one at max zoom, that will be interesting to see !)

I'm quite impressed with it Gary. It obviously hasn't got the reach of my
200-500 or the quality, but it is half the price

I think some of them do.
The boat doesn't stay there too long or get too close, to avoid spooking them, but they seem very relaxed.
The pups were born in June, but are already as big as the adults.

Back
Top Bottom