• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Minimul budget for detector purchase. Your opinion

altereddezignz

So as you know i am buying a new detector tomorrow but i am curious on input.
Lets start here. I live in arkansas and i am wanting to get into water hunting as well as dry land hunting. I have had a coin master pro, At pro, Currently have the Xp deus and i have had a couple cheap detectors that where really not worth much.

Right now i do not hunt any water. We go to the beach ( Saltwater ) normally once a year but you never know that may change. Now with you knowing that what would you say would be the best detector or detectors for me to purchase?

My wife will be using the deus for dry ground only and i will still use it off and on when i need or want to.

The info can be giving for one detector purchase or for 2 detectors.
So far here is a list of what i have looked at doing. Budget of 2-2500$

1.Ctx 3030
2. Mxt All pro and a MX Sport. I will say i have watched the MX Sport hunt saltwater with eas and no issues.

Thanks for the info and help in advance. I do currently have a couple threads about info on the deus that i have and also on weather to keep the Deus or sell it. This would be simply for new purchase and not worrying about what to do with the deus as my wife will be using it as far as i know.

If hunting in salt water expect to get wet as well as the detector.
Best to get a dedicated waterproof detector.
Salt water air, mist has a way of getting into cracks in a White's metal detector housing, switches and control pots after awhile. Highly corrosive to all, any metal parts.

I would repost your question and give your location as some detectors work better in some areas over others.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14

I would be looking for a two frequency machine for salt.

If you dont care about beach hunting then just get a single frequency machine and when you are at the beach only hunt the dry sand. If you care about hunting the wetsand and salt water up to waist/chest high then get the CTX. The ctx is the only machine that does all of this. There are tons of machines though, like the etrac and cz3d that will work well on land and the beach but they are not waterproof.

I think I used the wrong word for what I was trying to say lol. I meant minimum as in not being restricted to a low budget.

So as you know i am buying a new detector tomorrow but i am curious on input.
Lets start here. I live in arkansas and i am wanting to get into water hunting as well as dry land hunting. I have had a coin master pro, At pro, Currently have the Xp deus and i have had a couple cheap detectors that where really not worth much.

Right now i do not hunt any water. We go to the beach ( Saltwater ) normally once a year but you never know that may change. Now with you knowing that what would you say would be the best detector or detectors for me to purchase?

My wife will be using the deus for dry ground only and i will still use it off and on when i need or want to.

The info can be giving for one detector purchase or for 2 detectors.
So far here is a list of what i have looked at doing. Budget of 2-2500$

1.Ctx 3030
2. Mxt All pro and a MX Sport. I will say i have watched the MX Sport hunt saltwater with eas and no issues.

Thanks for the info and help in advance. I do currently have a couple threads about info on the deus that i have and also on weather to keep the Deus or sell it. This would be simply for new purchase and not worrying about what to do with the deus as my wife will be using it as far as i know.

why would you need and MXT all pro AND a MX Sport? MX Sport covers both?

Well its official. Got a Killer deal on a ctx 3030 and pulled the trigger so to speak on it lol..:cool: Not sure if i should be happy, Nervious or scared lol

why would you need and MXT all pro AND a MX Sport? MX Sport covers both?

Reliability perhaps - I have heard the MXS has quite a few problems but cannot confirm as I have never used one - Are they all sorted out now? - :shock:

Actually you will pass pretty close to my house. I live near I-10, we can meet & you won't even have to pay shipping to get it to me. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

I think ill keep the deus for a while now. From the people i have talked to that own the 3030 as well own the Deus and say the combination of the 2 is unstoppable depending on the ground where your hunting. lol:shock:

Back
Top Bottom