Saw this guy detecting today!

metaladdict

Elite Member
Sunning himself at a school. Pic sideways again.:mad:

Attachments

• 20181014_170654.jpg
    20181014_170654.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 226
When I saw the title of your thread I thought you took a pic of someone else detecting :laughing:

I edited your pic to enlarge and make it right size up, it does look like a large one ! :shock:
20181014_170654b.jpg

…….maybe it was in the movies ? :laughing:
mantis.jpg

Terrifying!

That mantis has to be at least 15-20’ long based on the size of the structure it’s next to!

My slightly insane 2nd grade teacher had made up a table of native plants and tried to learn us something about our local fauna. We ended up learning that praying mantis eggs hatch after a couple of weeks of warmth. We came back from spring break to a classroom with thousands of baby mantis. We had to move to the gym for the rest of the day while the janitor vacuumed them up. He didn't get all of them, we had them all over the school for the rest of the year.

Wow that is a good sized one! I had some mantis eggs I purchased online, only because I was told they eat ticks...so I hatched a bunch and let them loose in the yard, hoping they would eat most of the ticks latching to my dog. Well it did seem to help slightly, but then I mowed the lawn a few days later and haven't seen one since :laughing:

Wow that is a good sized one! I had some mantis eggs I purchased online, only because I was told they eat ticks...so I hatched a bunch and let them loose in the yard, hoping they would eat most of the ticks latching to my dog. Well it did seem to help slightly, but then I mowed the lawn a few days later and haven't seen one since :laughing:

So the mower hacked the ticks all up.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom