One reason why the Deus is so popular.

I have seen my bud break my brothers heart with my bud using F5 Fisher.
My brother using Etrac and White's V3i.

My brother doesn't think coil time means much.

Yet he keeps getting beat up but the F5 user.

I just sit back and grin.
Rather amusing.

It means a ton. All those little nuances that take time to learn , matters.

Yes and no...

Borrowed from another thread..

A veteran pro driving a stock Yugo vs a newer driver in almost anything else...:laughing:

<°)))>{

Way more yes than no. Guys who have been hunting for 20-30 years, even with a vdi they listen for good tones. Knowing the detector and certain tones allows them to dig treasures from trash. If the guy in the Yugo knows how to turn the corner doing 50 and the guy in the Ferrari doesn't, give me the driver in the Yugo.

The audio on some of the newer detectors,,not like the older.
Every detector behaves a little different.

Even those who have been using detectors for years, still need run time on a model detector to be proficient.

Even with Deus,,,there is a difference between LF coils and HF coils.

I know this since I have been running both.

A lot of nice finds are found even by folks with less detecting time.
Some of the newer detectors are helping here with this IMO.

One thing is for certain,,no one has swung a detector coil over every possible scenario nonferrous vs nails/iron wise,,how they could be arranged.

Metal detecting forums are helping here too.
You tube videos, etc.

Yes and no...

Borrowed from another thread..

A veteran pro driving a stock Yugo vs a newer driver in almost anything else...:laughing:

<°)))>{

Unless it's on the latest Fast and the Furious, then the Yugo will somehow magically be able to run it's engine while melting down, and beat any supercharged 10 second car.

If the guy in the Yugo knows how to turn the corner doing 50 and the guy in the Ferrari doesn't, give me the driver in the Yugo.

Wait... back it up a minute. A Yugo can go 50?

4b66b10426210cc2aacdaa533169bdca_view.jpg

Good vid Skippy, though it's in complete contrast as to my digging, i use a small sniper spade and allow a little more room for pinpoint/user error, i don't want to be damaging a possible nice find.
I do have my 13" coil on a separate shaft, i might fit the arm cuff strap as you say, funny enough the Deus is the first machine i've not used a cuff strap on.
Just another note to Deus users like myself that are 6ft+, (i'm sure most folk already know this) i found the distance between hand grip and cuff a bit short, but you can extend it by removing the cross head screw on the plastic cuff, it certainly helped me.

I think every beefy coil is going to affect the balance, somewhat. I've looked at counter-balancing my rig for my big coil, but the truth is, it's easier to swing unbalanced, simply because of arm fatigue from weight. Besides that, the physics of a device in motion remove a lot of the "unbalanced" feel. Just get it swinging and it kind of coasts along doing it's thing. I've found I now take wider/longer swings for more coverage between stopping and starting the swing. Helps some.

Trying to balance it out, though, just exhausted me. Total weight is pretty important... so is using the arm cuff strap. On my first rig, I didn't use the cuff strap (it was pretty light, and not too bad to swing). When I upgraded to a mid-range device, the balance was worse, but I still didn't use the cuff (just got a stronger grip). Only when I upgraded the coil, did I really discover how amazing the cuff strap is for weight distribution during a swing. if that cuff is tight on your arm (not so tight that it cuts circulation, just firm against it), it'll take a WHOLE lot of weight off the arm.) Took only a few outings to get used to the "feel" of the cuff, but WELL worth it in arm and hand fatigue.

The physics involved, are a bit tricky, as it seems counter-intuitive that the cuff strap would do anything since the leverage point of your hand and a heavy nose pulls down on the nose (which would push the arm cuff UP on the bottom of your arm, as you grip the device), but it most certainly does. The strap stabilizes the whole set of equipment, so instead of using your grip to stabilize the device during the swing, you can actually open your fingers and just let the leverage do the work (very little grip required with the strap on, and the device in motion). By keeping the coil level (no slop in the cuff area), This allows you to truly just use the grip as a leverage point, instead of having to stabilize the actual machine WITH your grip.

Bottom line here, is that for many detectorists (maybe not you, but others reading), you can compensate a LOT for the unbalanced nature of your equipment by properly using the arm cuff strap. It may feel weird, like you have to crawl your arm out of it to dig, but you'll get the hang of pointing your equipment to the side, and simply sliding your arm in and out (it's a very fluid natural motion, that way, btw).

This video is not originally designed around sliding my arm in and out of the cuff, but you can clearly see it's not an issue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=072vXxug-Rk

Cheers,

Skippy

With a maximum top speed of 95 mph (153 km/h), a curb weight of 1777 lbs (806 kgs), the Yugo 65A GLX has a naturally-aspirated In-line 4 cylinder engine, Petrol motor.
This engine produces a maximum power of 65 PS (64 bhp - 48 kW) at 5800 rpm and a maximum torque of 98.0 Nm (72 lb.ft) at 5800 rpm. The power is transmitted to the road by the front wheel drive (FWD) with a 5 speed Manual gearbox.
read more at: https://www.ultimatespecs.com/car-specs/Zastava/18083/Zastava-Yugo-65A-GLX.html

Problem was... they would only do that for the first 3 thousand miles... then stuff would break. LOL

I think, too the "maximum speed" is measured as air speed velocity when dropped out of a plane. *grin* It does kind of float...

I had a buddy who had one, when I was a teenager. That thing was a piece of garbage, and was constantly being repaired. I'm pretty sure it went 0-60 in "forever." I cannot imagine how long the straight road would need to be to get that thing to 95. And with two passengers? Forget it.

Skippy

Good info TNSS. This is when you're at your best.

If you don't NEED a waterproof detector, side step the ATmax and get an Impact. I was an ATP and Etrac guy. No more. If you hunt trashy sites for coins or relics, Impact is a trump card with the small coil and multiple frequencies. When I switch to 20khz with the small coil in a colonial cellar hole site, don't follow me with any other machine. You won't find anything behind me. This combo is a site killer, period. With the stock large coil it's the same on a bigger scale. I'm still going to buy an ATmax when they are mainstream for the waterproof design. Beg borrow or steal an Impact. Game changer.....
Online updates
Superior screen visibility
Superior menu system
Superior design
Coil changes in less than a minute
12 search modes
3 Frequencies
Save you're program, turn on and hunt.

If you don't NEED a waterproof detector, side step the ATmax and get an Impact. I was an ATP and Etrac guy. No more. If you hunt trashy sites for coins or relics, Impact is a trump card with the small coil and multiple frequencies. When I switch to 20khz with the small coil in a colonial cellar hole site, don't follow me with any other machine. You won't find anything behind me. This combo is a site killer, period. With the stock large coil it's the same on a bigger scale. I'm still going to buy an ATmax when they are mainstream for the waterproof design. Beg borrow or steal an Impact. Game changer.....
Online updates
Superior menu system
Superior design
12 search modes
3 Frequencies

I do hunt in water mudwhale. I got my MAX today. Still have my eye on the Impact. Thanks for the info.

I'm gonna buy one at bonus time and check it out, it better live up to the hype mudwhale or I'm gonna let you have it on the forums! :laughing: no really money is hard to come by....
Online updates
Superior menu system
Superior design
12 search modes
3 Frequencies

I'm gonna buy one at bonus time and check it out, it better live up to the hype mudwhale or I'm gonna let you have it on the forums! :laughing: no really money is hard to come by....

Preaching to the choir! Long gone are those days, personally, where one can just throw money to the wind on the first bit of hype. Based on the feedback, the Impact may scratch that "all around" itch.

Didn't expect to find this foreign coin on my ancient pasture site, seems Deus finds all types lol

Attachments

• 2017-09-08 20.03.33.jpg
    2017-09-08 20.03.33.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 2017-09-08 20.04.36.jpg
    2017-09-08 20.04.36.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 2017-09-08 20.04.25.jpg
    2017-09-08 20.04.25.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 51
Back
Top Bottom