New Quest Metal Detectors---NEWS

Sven

Elite Member
Just got word:

MEET THE NEW QUEST Q40, Q20

https://vimeo.com/225131190

Light weight, fast recovery speed, and stylish.
Now you can have them all on one machine.
Quest Q40 Metal Detector Introduction
Our dealers will start to accept preorder from Sep/1:
Please browse the dealer list on our website support page for more info.
If you have any questions please contact us by email: [email protected]
or by Facebook page: deteknix.usa

Large gauge, intuitive menu and 1.1kg total weight,
the "power-on and go" machine that will blow your mind.
Come with standard 9x5" Blade coil.
Quest Q20 w/ Blade coil

With standard WireFree Lite wireless headphones, the searching adventure has never been this easy and this fun.
Come with standard 9x5" Blade coil. 11x9.5" Raptor coil is optional. Provide two coils package.
Quest Q40 w/ Raptor coil
Twitter Page
Facebook Page
Website

Attachments

• quest.jpg
    quest.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 1,995
  • 0dda8750-dd3c-458e-846a-16f78140c296.jpg
    0dda8750-dd3c-458e-846a-16f78140c296.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 1,896
I found an copy of the same video in my email this morning....initial thoughts....Deus with coil cable.....I wonder what the MSRP will be?

US PRICING
Q20-------------$259
Q40--------------$469.00

The concept is excellent, balances nicely and with the new handle mount and control box angle, makes for a real comfortable detector to swing. Put a 5" coil on, and its a real joy to use.

I have the orig. Quest, which I modified the control box angle, I like it----------------
https://www.treasurelinx.com/quest_md.html I am looking forward to trying one of the new Quest models.

Amazing price to include wireless headphones.
I'm not sure on the IP rating, is that dunk able
or just splash proof?

Noah

Thanks for the IP link Sven.

Was just looking at the Quest link.
The 20 is 9kHz
The 40 is 13kHz
Pro is multi freq. but doesn't specify actual numbers.

They look to be nice light weight machines.
Be interested to hear some reviews once they
hit the streets, or rather hit the dirt...lol

Noah

Aren't these just the T2 rip-offs?

Didn't First Texas sue them for copyright infringement?

seems that I read somewhere that they had to settle with FT on T2 software infringement

seems that I read somewhere that they had to settle with FT on T2 software infringement

They are no longer producing the Orig Quest Pro which had similar software as the T2 per First Texas. Both parties agreed to terms and the case was terminated, before the jury trial date in August.

The new detectors have new software, so these are brand new detectors.

Yep, they got sued and had to/did change their name.
They were cheaters IMO, therefore I will not consider any of their products.
Marvin

It’s not just that workers are cheaper abroad, according to an important article in The New York Times Saturday. Most of the components of cellphones, computers, and other electronic products are now manufactured in China (and European and other East-Asia countries), so assembling the device half-a-world away would create huge logistical challenges, the article points out.

China now has a far larger supply of qualified engineers than the U.S. And China’s factories are far bigger and can react faster than those in the U.S. “Made in the USA.” is no longer a viable option for most electronics products. So, many companies have closed major facilities in the United States to reopen in China, and middle-class jobs are disappearing as the nation has stopped training enough people in the mid-level skills that factories need
================================

Products are manufactured in various locations around the world. The choice of manufacturing location is dependent on availability of low cost trained staff, capable of correctly assembling the product, location of, or availability of required component parts, shipping costs, quality assurance requirements, and required timeliness of delivery.

China has been the manufacturing location of choice lately because of these factors but things change rapidly in the manufacturing environment. In my lifetime I have seen the electronics manufacturing base switch from the USA, to Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, to China. The changes have usually based on costs to manufacture.

==================================

Part of the issue is pollution. Electronics manufacturing uses massive amounts of highly toxic chemicals. The US cares about the well-being of its citizens and doesn't want these chemicals to be dumped into rivers and lakes. Other countries do not care as much (or the officials can be bribed to look the other way).

============================================
Virtually everything today is manufactured in China. While it used to be that gadgets, gizmos and other products were made in the U.S., Taiwan or a brand's home country, businesses are now outsourcing mostly to manufacturing facilities in China. Amid calls for offshored jobs to return to local soil, will China retain its advantage in this industry?

If you inspect the label on your iPhone, iPad or other tablet or smartphone, it's most likely Made in China. These days, "designed in Cupertino" will mean a device has been conceptualized and designed at a brand company's own premises, but almost always manufactured in a facility in China. This has been the case for some time now, although a series of articles published by the New York Times seems to have brought the issue back into the limelight.
And so it means that Made in China is not so bad after all, because while the Chinese are benefiting from their competitive advantage, the rest of the world can get U.S. developed products cheaper, and American employees get to focus on higher-value information-oriented jobs. It begins to look like the U.S. is benefiting from a competitive advantage, as well.

It’s not just that workers are cheaper abroad, according to an important article in The New York Times Saturday. Most of the components of cellphones, computers, and other electronic products are now manufactured in China (and European and other East-Asia countries), so assembling the device half-a-world away would create huge logistical challenges, the article points out.

China now has a far larger supply of qualified engineers than the U.S. And China’s factories are far bigger and can react faster than those in the U.S. “Made in the USA.” is no longer a viable option for most electronics products. So, many companies have closed major facilities in the United States to reopen in China, and middle-class jobs are disappearing as the nation has stopped training enough people in the mid-level skills that factories need
================================

Products are manufactured in various locations around the world. The choice of manufacturing location is dependent on availability of low cost trained staff, capable of correctly assembling the product, location of, or availability of required component parts, shipping costs, quality assurance requirements, and required timeliness of delivery.

China has been the manufacturing location of choice lately because of these factors but things change rapidly in the manufacturing environment. In my lifetime I have seen the electronics manufacturing base switch from the USA, to Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, to China. The changes have usually based on costs to manufacture.

==================================

Part of the issue is pollution. Electronics manufacturing uses massive amounts of highly toxic chemicals. The US cares about the well-being of its citizens and doesn't want these chemicals to be dumped into rivers and lakes. Other countries do not care as much (or the officials can be bribed to look the other way).

============================================
Virtually everything today is manufactured in China. While it used to be that gadgets, gizmos and other products were made in the U.S., Taiwan or a brand's home country, businesses are now outsourcing mostly to manufacturing facilities in China. Amid calls for offshored jobs to return to local soil, will China retain its advantage in this industry?

weIf you inspect the label on your iPhone, iPad or other tablet or smartphone, it's most likely Made in China. These days, "designed in Cupertino" will mean a device has been conceptualized and designed at a brand company's own premises, but almost always manufactured in a facility in China. This has been the case for some time now, although a series of articles published by the New York Times seems to have brought the issue back into the limelight.
And so it means that Made in China is not so bad after all, because while the Chinese are benefiting from their competitive advantage, the rest of the world can get U.S. developed products cheaper, and American employees get to focus on higher-value information-oriented jobs. It begins to look like the U.S. is benefiting from a competitive advantage, as well.
Well said Sven! I'd be willing to bet some, if not most, of the components in Fishers, Tesoros, Whites and Garretts are not made in the USA.

LOL. Had my share of Minelab Sov's and Musketeers. Take a peak inside sometime, you may just be shocked at the China made electronic parts, switches, external control pots, speaker inside.

As for the Quest units, we'll have to take the wait and see attitude regarding performance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom