Teknetics Eurotek

fengarm

Hello! I found out yesterday that Teknetics has released its new beginner-level detector, the Eurotek. It's price is only about 150$ and has a warranty of 5 years. I wonder if it compares to F2 or ACE250 or is it an even more lower-end machine as the price suggests? I have a good feeling about the Eurotek though, I think it is made to outsell others in the price range up to 250$. Anyway, would like to hear any reviews as soon as anybody compares it to Fisher F2 or Garrett ACE250.

Hello! I found out yesterday that Teknetics has released its new beginner-level detector, the Eurotek. It's price is only about 150$ and has a warranty of 5 years. I wonder if it compares to F2 or ACE250 or is it an even more lower-end machine as the price suggests? I have a good feeling about the Eurotek though, I think it is made to outsell others in the price range up to 250$. Anyway, would like to hear any reviews as soon as anybody compares it to Fisher F2 or Garrett ACE250.

Looks pretty basic, no pinpoint button...maybe a good kids detector or starter if you are on a budget, but the Compadre, I think, would be my choice at the same price.
Looks nice for those that want a screen with some VDI numbers at this price point, I bet it will kill the Ace 150...lets wait and see how she works.
If it works well it could turn out to be extremely popular for the newbies and as a keep-it-in-the-trunk coin shooter.

It does have a "High Speed-Low Drag Housing"...whatever the heck that means??? (Sales Speak)
How fast do they plan on people swinging this thing? :lol:

http://treasurebone.blogspot.com/2013/04/eurotek-special-features-teknetics-new.html

Can't judge a book by its cover but it looks cheap to me. Hopefully it won't be as jumpy as others in it's same breed.

Can't judge a book by its cover but it looks cheap to me. Hopefully it won't be as jumpy as others in it's same breed.

Cheap?
It has that High Speed-Low Drag Housing for God's sake!
They don't install those on cheap units, ya know.

If they added overhead constables and a couple of slip-shifters this thing would be a category killer! :laughing:

the 189 pro model is on par with features of F2 but with one 9v. I see the regular as a possible compadre killer. :)

This should be the F2s replacement. More features less money and less operating cost.

Hardly if this is anything like their Delta 4000 it won't be replacing the F2 any time soon. They are so jumpy with the signals, too chatty , too sensitive to EMI. The 1 9v does not last as long as two in the F2 either, so you don't really save any money on batteries because you run through them faster...lol

I'll keep my F2, thank you!!!!

So they made an even more entry level machine out of an entry level machine?
To be honest it looks more like something they would train a new employees with. You know, build some of these and if you come back we will start you on building real ones. lol

According to what Treasurebone is saying, he will be revealing all the specs in a few days. He claims that they have some revolutionary features. Time will tell.

That arm cuff (cup) looks to be the wrong way around -

Anyone else notice or have my eyes finally given in to my detectors?

Hardly if this is anything like their Delta 4000 it won't be replacing the F2 any time soon. They are so jumpy with the signals, too chatty , too sensitive to EMI. The 1 9v does not last as long as two in the F2 either, so you don't really save any money on batteries because you run through them faster...lol

I'll keep my F2, thank you!!!!

:yes:Had a Delta 4000 and the EMI was a huge issue. I liked the control panel layout with the big TID and it would go fairly deep but as I said ,the EMI was a killer.Unfortunately , I don't see this new line of MDs being any different.

delta EMI is at 10+ sensitivity if much of any(at least on brand new one). This is higher sensitivity and deeper than f2. Up to ten sens its the same as F2. F series, T2, greek line get a bad EMI rap but in reality the user is allow to run it hotter with noise risk to gain performance in some instances.

Here is some more run down on the regular version. Adding setting memory at this price range means we should see a lot more in the new higher end models yet to revealed.

He'll have the Pro version run down very soon. Supposed to do things others don't. We'll see. Pro is on par feature wise, plus few more, with the F2. If it's anything like Greek series circuitry using same frequency it will have about inch more depth and better TID than the F2.

8" $189
11" DD $269

another thing to note. The 2 tone base model sounds like d2 VCO tone on greek line. This tone gives a tremendous amount of tone information not found on low end machines. I say bravo to First Texas on giving people these features without the inflated markup.

I have used the Alpha 2000 for some time. I absolutely love it!

With both Fisher and Teknetics being First Texas lines, do you think that they are actually trying to cannibalize the F2 sales or tying to hit a different niche?

Doug

I have used the Alpha 2000 for some time. I absolutely love it!

With both Fisher and Teknetics being First Texas lines, do you think that they are actually trying to cannibalize the F2 sales or tying to hit a different niche?

Doug

They are doing the same thing Garrett did with the Ace 150: trying to get a spot in the $150 price range.:yes: If it kills the f2, then they didn't think it through all the way.

Back
Top Bottom