Believe it or Not a Franklin First for Me!!!

Buellride

Forum Supporter
So many of you know enough about my hunting exploits and series of finds that this statement should come as a surprise...BUT, today I finally found a Franklin Half Dollar. Believe it or Not, I have never found/dug a Franklin half dollar, I have found plenty of quarters, a seated, Walkers, Morgans, etc. but never a Franklin.

Today was the day, plus a cool Coventry Silver Spoon ring and 6 Wheaties (oldest is 1946S).

The Franklin was dug in front of a church that has been there since the 1920s and surprisingly was only about 3" down. You could say it was a fresh drop but the raw picture after finding it indicates that the signal was too good but too shallow for anyone else to dig it (or maybe folks haven't hunted this neighborhood in a long time:cool3:).

Great quick hunt to break up my workday hours.

HH and GL All!!!

Attachments

• 4_17 Total Find Franklin Half Raw.jpg
    4_17 Total Find Franklin Half Raw.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 704
  • 4_17 Total Find Franklin Half.jpg
    4_17 Total Find Franklin Half.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 702
Congrats on your first franklin! I have yet to find one:( That ring is really cool too!

I was fortunate enough this year to find Both a 52s Franklin and a Beautiful Spoon Ring as well.

The one I found was also only 4" deep and I was like WTH how was this missed by anyone :?: :?:

Congrats on 2 TERRIFIC Finds, one heck of a feeling and a beautiful Coin !!

Congrats on your first franklin! I have yet to find one:( That ring is really cool too!

TY! Now I need to find a SLQ (STILL haven't found one of those yet :no:)

Yes two nice finds! Congrats!

Thank you GS, very happy to consolidate 5 silver dimes into 1 ;)

I was fortunate enough this year to find Both a 52s Franklin and a Beautiful Spoon Ring as well.

The one I found was also only 4" deep and I was like WTH how was this missed by anyone :?: :?:

Congrats on 2 TERRIFIC Finds, one heck of a feeling and a beautiful Coin !!

The Franklin rang up (number wise) like a dime on the CTX but the tone said "DIG ME". When it fell into my hands I thought is was a large SS washer until I wiped the face, then I was in disbelief.

I have to say that most of us wouldn't have thought there was silver that shallow so maybe others have passed on it. It could be the same argument that I have for finding Morgans at 3-4 inches...."this can't be what I think it is at this shallow of a depth" kinda of talk....:lol:

We have all been there folks....getting tired of digging pennies and dimes....until :yes:

What a beauty. Congratulations on your fiirst ben. I have only dug one myself. A 52

Last edited:
What a beauty. Congratulations on your fiirst ben. I. Ohave only dug one myself.52

Yea my hunting buddy Cruiserkev has found several... Its just strange what decides to "fall" under our coil

Thatā€™s one coin that still eludes me as well! Nice one Buell!

Thank you Tom.. Funny what some of us can't seem to find but find all sorts of other goodies

So many of you know enough about my hunting exploits and series of finds that this statement should come as a surprise...BUT, today I finally found a Franklin Half Dollar. Believe it or Not, I have never found/dug a Franklin half dollar, I have found plenty of quarters, a seated, Walkers, Morgans, etc. but never a Franklin.

Today was the day, plus a cool Coventry Silver Spoon ring and 6 Wheaties (oldest is 1946S).

The Franklin was dug in front of a church that has been there since the 1920s and surprisingly was only about 3" down. You could say it was a fresh drop but the raw picture after finding it indicates that the signal was too good but too shallow for anyone else to dig it (or maybe folks haven't hunted this neighborhood in a long time:cool3:).

Great quick hunt to break up my workday hours.

HH and GL All!!!

Franklin halves are always cool. NICE FIND! The spoon ring is still 1/2 on my bucket list. I found one once, but lost it during the hunt, when I laid down on the grass (and my pouch spilled). Went back the next day, but couldn't find where I lost it! (was a 10 acre park). Cool finds!

Congrats on the Franklin! There is nothing like finding large silvers and what a pretty sight they are too.

I love anything that is shiny out of the ground, the bigger the better:cool3:

Thank you.

Franklin halves are always cool. NICE FIND! The spoon ring is still 1/2 on my bucket list. I found one once, but lost it during the hunt, when I laid down on the grass (and my pouch spilled). Went back the next day, but couldn't find where I lost it! (was a 10 acre park). Cool finds!

Skippy, we still have to figure out how to link up with all of you ring finds. RainorShine indicated that you two have talked...would love to figure out a hunt one day. You get me on the Yella and I will give you the ring spoon to make up for your loss :D

Those Franklin half dollars don't pop up too often. Big Congrats!

beephead

Thank you Beep...Glad I finally found one....

Awesome Franklin! I have actually only found 2 of them and both of mine were shallow too.
With the amount of hunting you do, it's only a matter of time before a SLQ is under your coil, good luck! šŸ˜

Got to toss in my own public congrats on the big silver. Last time we hunted together we could only squeak out a couple of silver dimes, and we had to try and ignore the bunch of nude guys at what we now know are clothing optional beaches. Next time, cool, cloudy, wet days at those locations. HH

Big Ben gets you a big CONGRATS!
The spoon ring is an awesome find too. Either would be a first for me.

TY

Awesome Franklin! I have actually only found 2 of them and both of mine were shallow too.
With the amount of hunting you do, it's only a matter of time before a SLQ is under your coil, good luck! šŸ˜

I do remember one of those Kev. Maybe it was Walkers and Barbers I was thinking of:lol: Thank you buddy!

Got to toss in my own public congrats on the big silver. Last time we hunted together we could only squeak out a couple of silver dimes, and we had to try and ignore the bunch of nude guys at what we now know are clothing optional beaches. Next time, cool, cloudy, wet days at those locations. HH

Gale, DO NOT, let folks know about the nude guys...people we start talking:shock: Oh well....too late :lol:

Very nice Franklin! Had to look sweet in the hole.

It did, thank you.

Your still running that hot steak Paul and I'm loving it. Congrats on getting that White Whale with the Franklin Half. The Sterling Spoon Ring is also a very neat find. Keep the finds coming. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom