Just ordered the NEL Snake coil for ATP

Tahawus

Yeah...I know. Winter and Christmas are coming. But I needed something for my last few hunts before the ground freezes and the snow piles up.

I have been hunting an old road bed and the field it disappears into. The road bed, where you can still see it is trashy, trashy, trashy. BUT I pulled a 1765 2 Reale out of there about a month ago. I also hunt a some old parks where I have had some luck in hard to get places and along a stream bed. Much of the park has been pounded hard.

After going back and forth between the Garrett 5 x 8 and Super Sniper, I switched gears and went for the NEL Snake.

Been running the stock coil on the ATP since I got it earlier this year.

I am looking for validation that I made the right purchase, hahaha!

My buddy runs a Snake on his ATP and loves it. Says it has great separation and respectable depth. I opted for the 5x8 and love it, but don't think you can go wrong with the NEL coil. Good luck.

It's tiny sold it and got a hunter perfect depth I'd and depth, makes the stock coil seem like garbage

It's tiny sold it and got a hunter perfect depth I'd and depth, makes the stock coil seem like garbage

Interesting...I'll have to check that one out. I really need something small. This stream bank I hunt has tangled roots everywhere and the stream itself is very rocky. I think it will be worth it because there used to be a swimming hole there from the 1880s or so to the 1920s. Then they built a pool next to it. The road bed is probably only 10 feet wide and 100 feet long. It is very difficult to hunt with the stock coil.

I'm very impressed with the performance of my NEL Snake. I think you will like it too.

So I ran the new coil for about half an hour yesterday. Went to a park late in the day and hit an area that I know has been covered pretty good by me and other folks.

I still managed to pull out a penny and a dime, both clad, from 3 to 5 inches down. They were both snagged in areas with a lot iron signals. I also hit a modern, large button-pin that was a couple inches deep, again, in an area with a lot of iron signals. Don't know how I missed that one before. It wrang up in the high 80s.

I also got a modern lighter striker wheel thing at about 6 inches down.

For such a brief hunt, I have to say I am impressed. Going back out today for a little bit.

Yeah...I know. Winter and Christmas are coming. But I needed something for my last few hunts before the ground freezes and the snow piles up.

I have been hunting an old road bed and the field it disappears into. The road bed, where you can still see it is trashy, trashy, trashy. BUT I pulled a 1765 2 Reale out of there about a month ago. I also hunt a some old parks where I have had some luck in hard to get places and along a stream bed. Much of the park has been pounded hard.

After going back and forth between the Garrett 5 x 8 and Super Sniper, I switched gears and went for the NEL Snake.

Been running the stock coil on the ATP since I got it earlier this year.

I am looking for validation that I made the right purchase, hahaha!

I bought a NEL snake a while back and love it...a snake takes up the jobs of both the 5x8 and the super sniper!

The nel hunter is pretty much the same size as the stock at pro coil...you wouldnt see much difference , if any at all with the nel hunter over the stock at p coil..another plus for the snake is the solid design, it doesnt get sticks and brush tangled in it when you swing it!

You're about to be a very happy guy !

Yeah...no doubt. This coil is pretty sweet for working edges of parks. I know why they call the thing the "Snake" now. It's perfect for working around tree roots.

Went back out for another hour on my old roadbed site. Found a .68 caliber musket ball and some odds and ends.

Back
Top Bottom