Detecting in the Bitter Cold

z118

Forum Supporter
I had today off, and as it was in the 20's out and no schools are in session, I figured it would be a good time to hit some new schools. I mapped out two good prospects, and hit them both this morning. The first was mediocre at best. I found about $2.00 in clad and a token. The second was even worse. $0.74 in clad plus a junk earing. I would have had fun in spite of the lousy finds, but the wind was pretty strong and it was snowing on and off which was not pleasant. Not to mention that grassy areas were all water logged and extremely muddy and partially frozen. I headed back home feeling a little disappointed.

On a whim, I headed down to the local school after lunch, not expecting to find much. I wound up with 62 coins, 20 of which were quarters. I found about 12 quarters all in one small area laying just under the grass. That made me feel a little better! I also found a junk necklace.

There's a zipper pull in the picture as well, I usually just throw these out, but its the second one just like this that I found this week. I can't tell if its "222" or "555."

Total for the day was 107 coins worth $9.30.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Finds 4-5.jpg
    Finds 4-5.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 160
Looks like you had an enjoyable day, despite the cold! It's freezing in Iowa!

A good haul for the day. If I had a quarter for every zipper pull I dig I'd be a rich man.
That's admirable to stick it out in the cold & all, Steve in so az

Back
Top Bottom