Religen in the Philippines

Christmas carolers

Yes Dave, I really enjoyed them kids singing Christmas songs in their language. I would give them 10 peso. They would sing a thank and leave.
Than the next night, here they come again.
Well, now I got smarter. I turn off the front lights and sit out back drinking coffee and having a smoke.. KEN :D

May be you could arrange a one time payment if they skip your house the rest of your vacation. I imagine your wife and her family enjoy it though.:laughing:

The wife does not care about giving them money. She grew up here.. At first I enjoyed it. Now I hide.

A member on my other thread asked me about that volcano.. It is on our island ( Luzon ). We live north of Manila, about 40 miles. Just north of the half way mark. The volcano is to the southern tip of the island. Some of the local people say it can cause an earth quack. I will wait and see. KEN :D

volcano

The wife does not care about giving them money. She grew up here.. At first I enjoyed it. Now I hide.

A member on my other thread asked me about that volcano.. It is on our island ( Luzon ). We live north of Manila, about 40 miles. Just north of the half way mark. The volcano is to the southern tip of the island. Some of the local people say it can cause an earth quack. I will wait and see. KEN :D

The volcano is making the news over here ,so a lot of people wanted to be sure you were out of harms way. Some times the ash and smoke travel a long distance. Did your wife drag you back to the witch doctors yet ? may be a little voo-doo witch doctor will help with your eye.

That volcano is very far away from us. I don't think we will se any ash either. Our winds come from the east here. So, it is blowing the ash to Malasia.

My wife did try to take me to a Witch Dr. a few days ago. Thank God she was not in.
The problem with my eyes is about 3 weeks before we come over here I got Bells Pause. The left side of my face is num. I have no muscle control at all. Hard to eat and drink. My left eye, I can not blink. So it will dry out very bad. I use eye drops to help and keep it taped shot. When we go out, I wear a pirote patch. I bet I look good. Than my good eye will start to water. It is hard to see to walk around or do things. Most of the time I just stay in the house. YEP.. I am having a blast. All of you guys and gals over their give me some thing to da. When I get a chance to go someplace, I want to find something to take pictures of and try to make a story about the life over here.

Thanks Everyone
KEN :D

Fiesta time in the Philippines

My wife was a little disappointed to find she will miss the Fiesta in her town this year . The date changes every year ,and this year it will be about a week before she arrives to visit. Normally the fiesta falls close to her moms birthday , so that's when she booked her trip and scheduled her vacation days off. The Fiesta there is a little like home coming here and a lot of celebrations ,lots of people return from all over the world. My wife gets a chance to catch up with here old class mates from school. Some times they will also have a class reunion around the same time , while people are back home. It really a big deal over there and they make the most of it. My mother in law turns 90 this year so there will be lots of partying at her house . My wife is planning on taking a bunch of her family members to a resort on a different island where one of her brothers and his family live . I went with her last summer and really enjoy it there, so much to see and do. Every visit i see new places and historic sights last time i got to do some detecting on a clean tourist beach , so much better than the public trash covered beaches there. I would love to go this year but i need to stay home to care for the house and dog this year.

My wife was a little disappointed to find she will miss the Fiesta in her town this year . The date changes every year ,and this year it will be about a week before she arrives to visit. Normally the fiesta falls close to her moms birthday , so that's when she booked her trip and scheduled her vacation days off. The Fiesta there is a little like home coming here and a lot of celebrations ,lots of people return from all over the world. My wife gets a chance to catch up with here old class mates from school. Some times they will also have a class reunion around the same time , while people are back home. It really a big deal over there and they make the most of it. My mother in law turns 90 this year so there will be lots of partying at her house . My wife is planning on taking a bunch of her family members to a resort on a different island where one of her brothers and his family live . I went with her last summer and really enjoy it there, so much to see and do. Every visit i see new places and historic sights last time i got to do some detecting on a clean tourist beach , so much better than the public trash covered beaches there. I would love to go this year

but i need to stay home to care for the house and dog this year.

I know your dog will appreciate it from having your company and more walks for him, and more detecting for you :lol:

Trip to the Philippines

I know your dog will appreciate it from having your company and more walks for him, and more detecting for you :lol:
Last year we both went to the Philippines for 3 weeks i had a blast , we left the dog with the daughter who is a 7 hour drive away , locked up the house and went. The daughter will be having her first baby soon , so i don't want to burden her with watching the dog. I have never put this dog in a kennel since we got him , he is a rescue dog and being but in a kennel would make him think he was homeless again. He is my best buddy , often goes detecting with me where ever it is allowed. Now that i am retired we spend a lot of time together and he is always ready for a walk or truck ride. He doesn't know he is a dog and we treat him more like a kid than dog. One advantage to me not going this year, the wife can visit her brother and his family on a different island not real safe there for foreigners . I haven't ever been on that island yet , it is where they had to destroy a whole city to kill the terrorist that had taken over last year. Me and the dog will just have to pass the time detecting as long as we want.

Last year we both went to the Philippines for 3 weeks i had a blast , we left the dog with the daughter who is a 7 hour drive away , locked up the house and went. The daughter will be having her first baby soon , so i don't want to burden her with watching the dog. I have never put this dog in a kennel since we got him , he is a rescue dog and being but in a kennel would make him think he was homeless again. He is my best buddy , often goes detecting with me where ever it is allowed. Now that i am retired we spend a lot of time together and he is always ready for a walk or truck ride. He doesn't know he is a dog and we treat him more like a kid than dog. One advantage to me not going this year, the wife can visit her brother and his family on a different island not real safe there for foreigners . I haven't ever been on that island yet , it is where they had to destroy a whole city to kill the terrorist that had taken over last year. Me and the dog will just have to pass the time detecting as long as we want.

I appreciate people who treat their dogs like family because they are family !

Good for you that you will not put him in a kennel, dogs don't understand it's temporary and think they have been abandoned and will get depressed, dogs feel emotions too.

I can relate, my dog is my best buddy too and she likely thinks of herself as one of us and not a dog. We adopted her from the SPCA and I also would never want to put her in a kennel, if my dog isn't welcome somewhere then I'm not going, but we don't go anywhere on vacation anyhow, we do "stay"cations at home so we don't have to worry about it anyhow.

dog

I appreciate people who treat their dogs like family because they are family !

Good for you that you will not put him in a kennel, dogs don't understand it's temporary and think they have been abandoned and will get depressed, dogs feel emotions too.

I can relate, my dog is my best buddy too and she likely thinks of herself as one of us and not a dog. We adopted her from the SPCA and I also would never want to put her in a kennel, if my dog isn't welcome somewhere then I'm not going, but we don't go anywhere on vacation anyhow, we do "stay"cations at home so we don't have to worry about it anyhow.
Our dog came from a police /dog pound in Arkansas we had just lost our dog ,my daughter went to college down there . She helped some of the rescue groups find homes for the strays there. She found one that looked very much like our old one.(totally different personalities ) we drove down there to pick up the dog ,she meet us at the dog pound we paid the adoption fee , when we opened the car dog the dog jumped in and sit between us all the way back home. Except for the 3 week vacation last year he has always been with us. It wasn't to bad for him staying at my daughters house last year he knows her, and she has 3 dogs and a big fenced yard to explore.
Now that i am retired me and the dog are doing a lot of hanging out.

Our dog came from a police /dog pound in Arkansas we had just lost our dog ,my daughter went to college down there . She helped some of the rescue groups find homes for the strays there. She found one that looked very much like our old one.(totally different personalities ) we drove down there to pick up the dog ,she meet us at the dog pound we paid the adoption fee , when we opened the car dog the dog jumped in and sit between us all the way back home. Except for the 3 week vacation last year he has always been with us. It wasn't to bad for him staying at my daughters house last year he knows her, and she has 3 dogs and a big fenced yard to explore.
Now that i am retired me and the dog are doing a lot of hanging out.

That was neat about when..... "the dog jumped in and sit between us all the way back home" ......he knew right away you all were his new family !

That was good it was your daughter's house so at least he was with someone he was already familiar with.

Our dog we have now is a border collie mix like our previous dog, but her personality is different too, our previous dog was friendly with everyone, our dog now is friendly with people she has known for a long while, but otherwise she is very protective and will keep barking at anyone who comes close that she doesn't know. I need to figure out how to get her to be more relaxed around new people. Sure I do want her to be a good watch dog and alert us to strangers, but I'd like her to accept that if I perceive the person to not be a threat that she would calm down and be friendly too.

She is an inside dog so I only have to worry about getting her to stay relaxed when someone comes in our house or when I take her for a walk.

You should see how they treat their dogs over here.

It would make you sick.

They do not get feed good. Some times only a few times a week.

They are so skinny that they have a hard time standing up , while another dog is riding it to make more under fed dogs.

I don't even like taking pictures of them . it makes me sick.

There has been a couple times I run over them to kill them to put them out of misery.

It really is a sad sight..

KEN.. :no::no::no:

Dogs in the Philippines

You should see how they treat their dogs over here.

It would make you sick.

They do not get feed good. Some times only a few times a week.

They are so skinny that they have a hard time standing up , while another dog is riding it to make more under fed dogs.

I don't even like taking pictures of them . it makes me sick.

There has been a couple times I run over them to kill them to put them out of misery.

It really is a sad sight..

KEN.. :no::no::no:

I know there are stray dogs wandering all over the town where we stay over there. The dogs are 1/2 starved , many have mange and all have fleas, they have a miserable life. The owners feed them any scraps off the plates which is not much, but does include left over rice , chicken bones , fish and pork bones. Last time i was over there i offer to buy bagged dog food and they thought i was crazy. Things are getting better the city is demanding owners get rabies shot and that they be kept tied up . You are starting to see some pure bred dogs there, but most dogs are just mutts , There are still some people over there that do eat dogs , mostly the very poor and people that live in the remote areas.

Back
Top Bottom