ENDED 2nd Annual Pull-Tab Contest (Ends 12/15/15)

Well, my curiosity is getting to me. How did everyone do? Was this years grand total/poundage better this year than last year?

Pull tabs

I sent my pull tabs never received a dime no response from Rob I will not participate next year!

I sent my pull tabs never received a dime no response from Rob I will not participate next year!

hunterinmontana, I'm guessing that you haven't been reading this thread. Rob has had a tough time this year with a prolonged illness that prevented him from working. Please read through the previous posts on this thread and I think you'll understand.

Have you gotten any results from the contest, Rob?

Well like I stated some time ago, they changed the tab contest. So it went from a "class" contest to a school contest. I'm not sure how many tabs Jonas sent in from everybody but it filled 2 "17-gallon" containers and one "unknown" size container. Just they weren't prepared.

Still waiting on results from the schools. I will post a link when they announce something.

Thanks to all who sent in. It didn't go the way I wanted.
As for me....this is my 4th month in a row out of work. And it's horrible. Some locals are swinging already since we had a crazy warm/no-snow winter so far! My back won't let me get back up if I bend over for a coin. Trying to swing in the house to see if it hurts.

To others on here with back issues....I pray for you!

I can't say I've had any major issues, few broken bones about the worst. I know if you don't use muscles for a few weeks, they weaken. It's stiff and a little painful for a while, but eventually everything gets back to normal. I'm not much for sitting around the house, don't really follow the doctors recommendations either. Just believe that doctors can only do so much to help you heal, the body has to do the bulk of that work for itself. Either have to find ways to work through the difficult (painful) periods, or ways to work around the pain.

Hope you can get out there soon, and find some good stuff. It's going to hurt some for a while, don't torture your self, or get into such a big hurry, it's suppose to be a fun hobby. Just do as much as you can bare, and keep at it. You'll get stronger over time.

I never got into the pull tabs for the free silver, it's for a charity, and helps out. The kids are given a task and a goal, that helps other people. Well worth contributing to, regardless. Found my first gold ring, while focused on digging up pull tabs, and will never pass them up again. Nothing about that signal stuck out, as anything other than a pull tab. I've got about 11 ounces saved up for this year, and will send them, regardless if there is another contest, if you want them. I intend to keep digging them, might as well put them to a good use, for a good cause.

At 40 degrees, it was way too nice out not to do some alley creeping. After splashing through a LOT of melt water, I rustled up about 2 ounces of tabs. Time for another tumbler run.

Any results yet, Rob? I went out creeping for about 3 hours today, and came back with about a 1/4# of tabs.

Just kind of curious if I need to keep saving these tabs? Hope all is going better for you Rob.

Well, I did some re-arranging today with an addition of a new freezer. And I'm sorry to say but I dumped the tabs since I haven't heard anything. Hope everything is well Rob and thanks for the what you did for this contest. It was fun and made digging those suckers up enjoyable. Thanks and good luck!

Well, I did some re-arranging today with an addition of a new freezer. And I'm sorry to say but I dumped the tabs since I haven't heard anything. Hope everything is well Rob and thanks for the what you did for this contest. It was fun and made digging those suckers up enjoyable. Thanks and good luck!

Still off work and crying to get out a bit. I was feeling better for a little and tried to swing a little. If you look at my signature you'll see I found a few coins.

I'm still saving the tabs. I still haven't found out if his school won the competition yet. Still waiting on the announcement. Last year the party for the kids winning was held at the end of the school year so I shall wait!

It went to charity so it's all good.

Just sorry it didn't work out the way I planned!

I, and my other savers, will continue to save our personal tabs, whether they go to you, or elsewhere. McDonalds used to have collection bins in their doorways. I haven't seen those in years. My Dad is a member of the MN Street Rod Association, and their members collect a HUGE amount each year. Its time to get out swinging. I have been out hunting more in the past 2 weeks than I did all last year. Hopefully, a gold ring is in my future. Hang in there Rob! We're all rooting for you to get better.

I, and my other savers, will continue to save our personal tabs, whether they go to you, or elsewhere. McDonalds used to have collection bins in their doorways. I haven't seen those in years. My Dad is a member of the MN Street Rod Association, and their members collect a HUGE amount each year. Its time to get out swinging. I have been out hunting more in the past 2 weeks than I did all last year. Hopefully, a gold ring is in my future. Hang in there Rob! We're all rooting for you to get better.

:D

I'll keep saving mine, was before the first contest. Usually a neighbor or co-worker will ask for them. If nothing else, they are pure aluminum, clean and store easy, should get a premium at the scrap yard. Should cover gas, couple of beers, maybe a lap-dance...

I'll always send them for free, if somebody has need.

Back
Top Bottom