• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Side walk removed coins foind

Coast

The city removed some sidewalks in the older part of town and bingo found a 1899 v nickle, 1889 v nickle, flat button and 3 wheaties. There was buried power cables next to the buildings so searching was tough. Went after it with the 4x6dd and cleared out most of the coins and alot of iron, then went after it with the 10dd had to tone it down but found a few wheaties. We are always looking for construction to expose dirt in the old parts of town.

Way to watch out for those construction areas !!! Congrats on your finds and good luck in your future hunts.
Pesc

Yeah! Those sidewalk tear outs dont last long...items down in there protected for years until a tiny little window of opportunity shows up...Old guy I know here found 11 seated dimes at a little local sidewalk tearout infront of an old Movie Theatre in about a half an hour...

Right place, right time, right Man, right mind...thats tear outs...Great Work Coast!

Sidewalk

The area is now covered in freash concrete to be continued is 90 years heheh

The area is now covered in freash concrete to be continued is 90 years heheh

When you were done you should of thrown in a couple of hundred Zincolns for the guy coming along in 90 years.. sort of like putting a piece of sand in an oyster to grow pearls..
90 years from now that lowly shield penny may be worth a boat load. but if you do protect them somehow from the elements.

I won't hyjack your thread but last year our city did the same thing. I found a bunch of goodies as well. You did great. Congrats.;)

I have heard of searching at sidewalk tear outs and doing well. Do you guys that have done it have the same luck searching street tear outs? Or parking lots? Assuming they are in an old enough area.

I have heard of searching at sidewalk tear outs and doing well. Do you guys that have done it have the same luck searching street tear outs? Or parking lots? Assuming they are in an old enough area.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=247237
I had very good luck in a town that goes way back, when they removed the asphalt streets and repaved them, I would hunt them all night...all gone now though :no:

Nice finds OP! Congrats on the oldies!

When you were done you should of thrown in a couple of hundred Zincolns for the guy coming along in 90 years.. sort of like putting a piece of sand in an oyster to grow pearls..
90 years from now that lowly shield penny may be worth a boat load. but if you do protect them somehow from the elements.
That's actually a cool idea, you could use a nickle or copper memorial.
:yes:

I hadn't picked up a detector in 35 years then last year the city took out the sidewalks that went along where the old school used to be. I thought that boy if I was still into metal detecting I'd be all over that. And that's what got me thinking about getting back into the game. But by the time I got around to getting started again there was new cement walks. Oh well, having fun anyway.

Back
Top Bottom