Hunting beaches from boat.

digger62

Very old girl scout camp on the lake at the cottage is on. Was wondering if I can hunt the swimming area if I go by boat and stay in the water ? Just an idea.

Has a lot to where your located. And the body of the water.

Where I'm located it's fine unless it's a historical area. One thing you have to be ready for is having the correct information and a phone number of the Authorities who informed you on this. Many times I have had the police called on me, Fire and Rescue, Park Rangers. All was settled with just having the DNR's telephone number.

Department of Natural Resources of Maryland

Attachments

• OBN-0042.jpg
    OBN-0042.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 442
has a lot to where your located. And the body of the water.

Where i'm located it's fine unless it's a historical area. One thing you have to be ready for is having the correct information and a phone number of the authorities who informed you on this. Many times i have had the police called on me, fire and rescue, park rangers. All was settled with just having the dnr's telephone number.

Department of natural resources of maryland

dnr?

R5

Very old girl scout camp on the lake at the cottage is on. Was wondering if I can hunt the swimming area if I go by boat and stay in the water ? Just an idea.

I would not hesitate to hunt any/all old scout camps. Why would you think you can't ? After all, it's your *duty* to help that poor young lady find that scout ring she lost there last year. Right ? :roll:

ANY Michigan lake that has PUBLIC ACCESS is FAIR GAME up to the high water mark. Nobody owns the water. Look up Michigan riparian rights and PRINT IT OFF. I guarantee somewhere down the line you will be harassed. Don't ask me how I know. NOBODY on any lake with public access can kick you out of the water or beach up to the high water mark. They can and do try however! Six citations and over 20 police visits later I still haven't lost in court or with most officers. DO NOT try this without police training!

IF it is an entirely private lake with no public access, park, boat launch etc, that is an entirely different matter.

Last edited:

I am in Michigan and I wade in front of cottages every time I go. I have been harassed by people but never cops. go for it!

I am in Michigan and I wade in front of cottages every time I go. I have been harassed by people but never cops. go for it!

This is the best "test of reality" . Rather than the "go ask a bureaucrat", test . To determine whether something is allowed or not :cool3:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom