Mouse Trap Saloon

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
Had a full day. Drove 90 miles to dig. Hit a published c school for an hour before time to door knock. Got a wheat and some clad. Did a couple knocks and couldn't get anybody home so had lunch. Hit another public school and got a few bucks in clad and my second Shell Oil President's Game Token of the year.

Also went back to the home where o got the Draped Bust Half Cent a few weeks ago. I was giving the homeowner an 1891 IHC he wanted from my finds and returning a Sterling Star of David Pendant he had lost a few years ago.

Decided to hit the yard again even though JD and I had killed it twice.

I came away with 2 wheats putting me at 50 FTY and an amazing token!

Front says Good for 5 Cents in Trade, Mouse Trap Saloon and back has J.F.K.

Haven't found anything about the token, but it was 7" deep in the yard of the late 1800s home.

I'm wiped out from driving and digging.

7b9e1b62c4618f7aa4d043e72cecbfed.jpg

e23c265b76089009380e6c359957d216.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

90 miles...one way:?: I hope the reason wasnt that your local area is becoming sterile of oldies.

I searched the token catalog data base and found nothing on your token.

http://tokencatalog.com/

Im thinking you have an old rare and valuable token there....yea, that would be worth driving 90 miles for. Congrats!

90 miles...one way:?: I hope the reason wasnt that your local area is becoming sterile of oldies.

I searched the token catalog data base and found nothing on your token.

http://tokencatalog.com/

Im thinking you have an old rare and valuable token there....yea, that would be worth driving 90 miles for. Congrats!

Thank you for the info TJ. I travel because my area has been done to death and no old stuff here. Oldest towns in TN are NE of me.

Nothing left here in town except a few 40s home that haven't been hit yet. I haven't hit Knoxville much and that's a little closer.

Awesome token!

Thanks CW!

Love that mouse trap saloon token, congrats. I also found a Grover Cleveland from the Shell token set, not as good shape as yours though. Nice finds.

Last edited:
Love the fun fines

Congrats on the fun finds. I wonder if you can find out any other info on the Mouse Trap Saloon. Very cool.

Nice finds...they look like they been in the ground a long time!

Yep, that Saloon token was probably 7-8" deep in the yard of 1890 home.

That is one sweet token!

Thanks B T

Cool token , Congrats , ,,,,,HH

Thanks Ricki.

Awesome token,,or beer chip.lolwho knows,coulda got you upstairs with it.

Thanks WB.

Congrats on the fun finds. I wonder if you can find out any other info on the Mouse Trap Saloon. Very cool.

Thanks. So far web search hasn't come up with anything. Waiting for a friend who is a token collector to get back to me.

The Mouse Trap Saloon token is listed on tokencatalog with a tentative attribution to Cortez, NV but only because of this: "April 23, 1962 Reno Gazette-Journal: Article about relics on display at the Nevada State Museum in Carson City. Included are a wooden lemon squeezer from the Mouse Trap Saloon in Cortez." That just says there was a saloon by that name there. To be a good attribution, I think the initials on the token's reverse need to be associated also. I'll do a little searching, but initials are hard to research. On tokencatalog, an image is needed - please post your pics there, or with permission, I can crop and paste them there. More to follow, hopefully...

Also, if you dug this in TN, that is a long way from NV. Not unheard of, but...

John in the Great 208

The Mouse Trap Saloon token is listed on tokencatalog with a tentative attribution to Cortez, NV but only because of this: "April 23, 1962 Reno Gazette-Journal: Article about relics on display at the Nevada State Museum in Carson City. Included are a wooden lemon squeezer from the Mouse Trap Saloon in Cortez." That just says there was a saloon by that name there. To be a good attribution, I think the initials on the token's reverse need to be associated also. I'll do a little searching, but initials are hard to research. On tokencatalog, an image is needed - please post your pics there, or with permission, I can crop and paste them there. More to follow, hopefully...

John in the Great 208

Great info, would like to hear more if you can find anything else out.

John in the Great 208

Feel free to use photos and post to catalog. I did find it in East, TN. Was 7-8" deep in front lawn of a home built in 1890. My research indicates the is a Mousetrap Saloon in Florida sonewhere.

Back
Top Bottom